Watch out lads when in Scotland.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
johnnyboxer

Re: Watch out lads when in Scotland.

Post by johnnyboxer »

sprintster wrote:
I'd have to agree with that.You could be under the limit in England but over in Scotland then you get banned from driving in England!
As I said, a really stupid law for the UK

We are a union, a united kingdom
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks for the info Al. The complicated bit is always how much you can have the night before and be under the limit in the morning. I guess next time I am up I'll be taking the breathalyser I carry in Europe.
Cheers Jak
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

92kk k100lt 193214 wrote:'United' Kingdom doesn't seem quite so united at the moment.

But its no different from going around Europe, borderless and you can go seamlessly from one country with a Scotland type limit to one with a UK type limit to one that has zero alcohol allowance and there are quite a few.
There is a difference.Anywhere else in Europe you would only be penalised in the country you were caught.
moto al

Post by moto al »

Jak* wrote:Thanks for the info Al. The complicated bit is always how much you can have the night before and be under the limit in the morning. I guess next time I am up I'll be taking the breathalyser I carry in Europe.
Cheers Jak
thanks mate ,I merely past on a bit of info . Al, ps why . :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: .
moto al
boatman

Post by boatman »

Hi Al
Not nit picking or ought,, but I notice you often address your posts to "the lads" ,there is prolly lasses on this forum as well . We were visiting friends at the weekend ,a couple ,, and believe me the " Lass " of the couple can properly ride a bike
moto al

Post by moto al »

Very sorry simon ,my very learned friend (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) .Al
moto al
boatman

Post by boatman »

Jeez Al ,, I have been called a few things in me time ,,, but never learned :laugh: :)
sven

Post by sven »

I think the Scottish legal system has some common sense compared to the English system, except for the choice of a driver awareness course.

Every Friday night I say to the missus that someone must be mad to drive after a couple of pints when I'm sitting in the pub feeling slightly tipsy halfway through my second pint of Erdinger :blush:
steve_h80

Post by steve_h80 »

boatman wrote:Hi Al
Not nit picking or ought,, but I notice you often address your posts to "the lads" ,there is prolly lasses on this forum as well . We were visiting friends at the weekend ,a couple ,, and believe me the " Lass " of the couple can properly ride a bike
Even if she did insist on going pillion on the scooter all weekend :-)
Poor little scootie having to cart the two of us round at bimble pace :evil:

Return to “TRAVEL”