france....why do you love it so much

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Tramp

france....why do you love it so much

Post by Tramp »

Well after 10 years of traveling there for approx 4 years in total now :ohmy: ...i can say its my favorite place dont no why it just snuck up and grabbed me :kiss: ...the peoples attitude and friendlyness...the great trails and empty roads and cheap camping...

Travelled most of Europe but it never feels right...a few minutes in france and i feel at home...

Over to the francophiles :laugh:
diggermanbob

Re: france....why do you love it so much

Post by diggermanbob »

I'm with you there Russ I just love the place , been over a fair few times over the years and only scratched the surface , (thumbs)
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

The weather is generally better than here, the roads tend to be a lot quieter, the scenery is great no matter where, the wine, the beer, the hypermarkets, the petrol stations or just the odd pumps in the middle of nowhere that are open 24/7, and it's close.
B) (thumbs)
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Been going over to France now for 12 years, just love the sheer diversity of the place. (thumbs)
halfpint

Post by halfpint »

started going in 1977 and have never stopped , lived there for four years and loved it. cant wait to sell up again and move back, life seems so much easier and happier .its all about work here and money.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

.............why do i love it so much ?............ come over a see B)
IainD

Post by IainD »

France can be summed up in this anecdote:

I was in Paris many years ago and went into a cafe, not far from where the Bus in from Beauvais Airport stops.

It was second breakfast time, so I went in and ordered a cafe creme, and two croissants and Strawberry jam. My French was (and still is) pretty woeful, but the waitress spoke perfect English and helped me through, taking a bit of time to get my order.

A couple came in, sat a couple of tables away and proceeded to moan to each other that the menu was only in French and not English. When the waitress went over for their order, having overheard them, she suddenly forgot she could speak English, and when they tried to order in English shrugged "non comprende" . I got a wink on her way past.

Try to communicate / interact and they will do everything they can to help, act like a snobby tourist and you will get the brush off. That attitude seems to go all the way through France and I like it.

Just looked on Google - Oresto Cafe - Boulevard Gouvion Sait Cyr.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

We've lived here for 25 years which must mean we like something about it. It's not a great place to make your fortune but we love the atmosphere, the food, the weather and, from a motorcycling point of view, the fantastic roads and even better trails.

We don't like the bureaucracy, the lemming attitude of many French people and the general erosion of French Frenchness
The Sarge

Post by The Sarge »

Tis a terrible place, you are much better off staying in Britain or going somewhere else :whistle:
lancashirelad

Post by lancashirelad »

I've had a soft spot for France since l took our caravan to a little town called La Londe les Maures in the early 80s we went for quite a few years until the lady who owned the site retired, never had a bike over there but enjoyed Port Grimaud for a week in the wifes MG roof down weather everyday!! Must do the south again sometime.
***just like Britney Spears oops I did it again……sold the Scrambler & as of now there may not be a replacement***

Return to “TRAVEL”