North Coast 500

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
crofty

Re: North Coast 500

Post by crofty »

Don,t need a ferry for Skye as there is a bridge. Mull is a good size island and would fill a couple of days, ferry from Lochaline is only a few pounds for a bike.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

skinny wrote:Applecross was on the list, had a quick Google can't find anything, looking at most of the advice on here, would it be more of a experience forgetting the East coast and doing Skye or another? Not too fussed about ticking I've done this box, how much are the ferries? Do I have to book? Cheers.
Applecross campsite has it's own Facebook page,it's on there.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

Here you go Skinny,I'll just quote my own post. (thumbs)
sprintster wrote:Shame you didn't get the weather.For future reference if you're not bothered about being able to say you've done the NC500 the best thing to to do is head to or from Tongue to Bonar Bridge and Dingwall.That's a good ride.And put the remainder of the miles on a trip to Skye. :)
skinny

Post by skinny »

The time has come, 9am Thursday morning from Hertford to alnwick, Friday to Inverness, then chase the weather! I know that there are more of you up at that time, look out for a BMW 1150gs in white and a KTM 990 adventure s. V-rider you still heading up on the Saturday? Anyone else with last minute tips are welcome. Thanks in advance Skinny.
V-Rider

Post by V-Rider »

Hi Skinny,
I won't be up Scotland way until the Sunday / Monday. Could always PM me your phone number and link up somewhere in our travels?
"It is good to have an end to journey towards; but it is the journey that matters in the end."

Return to “TRAVEL”