North Coast 500

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Oop North John

Re: North Coast 500

Post by Oop North John »

Philiptigerrice wrote: If a mate can join me - I'll head south and cover the borders - if he's unable too- am going to do Aberdeen to say, Dingwall / Invergordon on the Friday night.
Ullapool is three and a half hours / 160 miles from Aberdeen ;)
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

I'm wizzing round it again this coming Easter with a few strangers from down south (thumbs)

Really it's just an excuse to ride my Strom on great roads and to test out a new tent before the summer travels commence . . . . . . and ride with some mates I never knew I had as well (thumbs)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

Depends which route you're planning john ;)
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
mabawza

Post by mabawza »

Steve T wrote:I'm wizzing round it again this coming Easter with a few strangers from down south (thumbs)

Really it's just an excuse to ride my Strom on great roads and to test out a new tent before the summer travels commence . . . . . . and ride with some mates I never knew I had as well (thumbs)

Steve T

B)
Oh Ho new tent what breed is it Steve?
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

mabawza wrote:Oh Ho new tent what breed is it Steve?
A Vaude Hogan. About 6 years old but never used and only out of the packet once before I bought it (thumbs)

It's the same a Austin used when we had the horrendous gales at Ullapool several years ago, and his stood up really well, so that'll be good enough for me (thumbs)

Steve T

B)
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
skinny

Post by skinny »

28 days and counting, any more information please lads/lasses.
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I found out last weekend the filling station at Tongue is only open for about 4 hours on a Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday (11:30-12:30)
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

I notice on another thread that there has been a fire at the Applecross campsite. Might be worth checking up if you intend to stay there.

Nick.
crofty

Post by crofty »

IMG_20170504_103221882.jpg
IMG_20170504_103221882.jpg (38.68 KiB) Viewed 1989 times
I am just back from a fine week on the NC500 roads. I usually look for a cafe with wi fi and bacon roll type cuisine and found a few new ones that might suit anyone who shares the same tastes. I usually stay at achmelvich or Sleeperzzz in Rogart as I don,t bother with the East coast roads so much. Anyway Weavers craft shop 1mile east of Tongue has fast wi fi and reasonable food. The Misson Bunkhouse café in Lochinver ditto with fish & chips. And a new place at the the foot of the Bealach na Ba called the Bealach Café. looks flash but plenty of parking, great wi fi and plenty of greasy spoon type fare. The roads were getting busy last week with lots of bikes (motor and push) and quite a few car clubs in long convoys
skinny

Post by skinny »

Applecross was on the list, had a quick Google can't find anything, looking at most of the advice on here, would it be more of a experience forgetting the East coast and doing Skye or another? Not too fussed about ticking I've done this box, how much are the ferries? Do I have to book? Cheers.

Return to “TRAVEL”