Greece Ancient Momument tour.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
P4ulie

Re: Greece Ancient Momument tour.

Post by P4ulie »

Enjoy Brendhen, I can't offer any advice as never been to Greece, but remember a friend telling me years ago while staying on one of the islands he ended up wild camping in a cave for a week & loved it.

Sounds like anythings possible :woohoo:
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
Dimit

Post by Dimit »

Brenhden wrote:
And hopefully swim in all the nearby lakes and eat the awesome food and drink the wine.

Any recommendations of places to stay, sites that aren't worth visiting or anything else useful would be great.

Greece.JPG
When you visit Messinia, don't forget to make a stop at Polylimnio. It's something like a gorge, difficult to climb up and down, ending in a lake with waterfalls, where of course you can dive, if you are brave enough, since the water is very cold :unsure:
Also read here some travel tips about Greece. Enjoy!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Dimit wrote:
Brenhden wrote:
And hopefully swim in all the nearby lakes and eat the awesome food and drink the wine.

Any recommendations of places to stay, sites that aren't worth visiting or anything else useful would be great.

Greece.JPG
When you visit Messinia, don't forget to make a stop at Polylimnio. It's something like a gorge, difficult to climb up and down, ending in a lake with waterfalls, where of course you can dive, if you are brave enough, since the water is very cold :unsure:
Also read here some travel tips about Greece. Enjoy!
Thanks for the link, that water fall looks amazing and I will definitely visit and swim!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡«πŸ‡·πŸ‡§πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡ͺπŸ‡ΈπŸ‡¬πŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺ
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Well it's started and I'm already stunned by Greece. In the one hour bus trip from the airport to the centre I've seen just about every traillie and adventure bike I can think of including two Honda AX1!
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
boboneleg

Post by boboneleg »

Brenhden wrote:Well it's started and I'm already stunned by Greece. In the one hour bus trip from the airport to the centre I've seen just about every traillie and adventure bike I can think of including two Honda AX1!
Lots of AX1's in Greece, like a mini Dominator with cast wheels. Hope you have a great time Brenhden, take lots of photos (thumbs)
one-legged adventurer
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Yup, looking forward to following in your tyre tracks Bren! (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

Third day of riding done and this place is awesome. Today I visited an ancient palace with a view to die for. Swam under a watfall. Rode this (if the map uploads). Went to a castle and Sparta and am now drinking beer in a fishing villI age, watching greek football with the locals. My 250 suzuki sings like a bird at 9000rpm and life is sweet.
Screenshot_2017-04-01-21-17-18.png
Screenshot_2017-04-01-21-17-18.png (367.24 KiB) Viewed 1300 times

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
frenchy3

Post by frenchy3 »

ollydog wrote:spiros kabab house corfu town is a must, one pile of bricks is like another but a good donna well (thumbs)
steve
I went to Spiros in Corfu town but as nearly half the male population of Corfu are named Spiros after saint Spiridon it may not have been the same place :) :)
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Brenhden wrote:Third day of riding done and this place is awesome. Today I visited an ancient palace with a view to die for. Swam under a watfall. Rode this (if the map uploads). Went to a castle and Sparta and am now drinking beer in a fishing villI age, watching greek football with the locals. My 250 suzuki sings like a bird at 9000rpm and life is sweet.
Screenshot_2017-04-01-21-17-18.png
Yup, your maps looks great Bren. Is that Kalamata as in Kalamata olives? Nice with your beer! (thumbs)

Enjoy

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

I have a standing invite out there from a couple that I know never really fancied it always thought of other places first, but you've wetted the whistle perhaps I need to go (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to β€œTRAVEL”