Its a sell everything and ride day

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
AlanHolt

Its a sell everything and ride day

Post by AlanHolt »

I've had a good life compared to many. I don't want for anything. But today, I woke up wanting to sell everything so I could head off around the world. I get these urges a couple of times a year. I did it when I was younger, just me and a backpack on a plane to the America's. I was too young to make the most of it and returned a few months later. Now I'm in a position where I have too much stuff I couldn't part with, stuff I couldn't leave behind or risk leaving in storage in case I never came back.

Has anyone done what I feel like doing, sell everything and head off with no plan or purpose, just you and your bike? Is this the start of my midlife crisis?
Current bike is a Yamaha T7
Andi_Archer

Re: Its a sell everything and ride day

Post by Andi_Archer »

Wake up Neo.......

No good luck if you do its nice to be in such a position where income isnt the main driver of ones life B)
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I used to do it frequently till I got married then we did it together lol...came home one day after been made redundent again wife looked fed up...sod it cats down the rspca plane to west africa spent the next 2 years just doing things as we wanted too..came back with bugger all money but a much richer person experience wise changed me formthe better..

Used to be a bars manager for big hotels in teens , worked hard then took off far east mainly and even did a stint as a courier intercontinental out of heathrow...suit and carry and deliver stuff :whistle: in person i hate to think what i delivered :woohoo: ..

Ive a wanderlust that cant be tamed...one reason I dont fit into mainstream society im odd :laugh: ..

You only need your health and happiness everything else is excess baggage...as ee get older we make excuses for not doing something then later regret it or blame someone else..

I do fancy just walking out the door somemorinings and going for a long walk...want or need a paspatue or fixer...
ollydog

Post by ollydog »

every monday morning at 06.10am, then reality for me kicks in at 06.15 as postie drops in a bill or two.
but i have though about "fuck it" quite a lot lately before i get older eps when a turned fifty

steve
herman

Post by herman »

Apparently I am not allowed a mid-life crisis we dont have time so I am planning a manopause instead :(
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
bowber

Post by bowber »

herman wrote:Apparently I am not allowed a mid-life crisis we dont have time so I am planning a manopause instead :(
I've have crisis's all the time, must be to do with living next to the in laws and being self employed working with my wife :pinch:

Yes I've had the urge sometimes but I've always had something else I'm doing so it's never come that close but now the kids are older it'd be nice to have a few long trips. Trouble is now I always end up getting that home sick feeling 1 week into a 2 week holiday, need to get over it!
Strangely I've got no interest in doing a round the world trip, more like extended stays in places I like the feel of.

Steve
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

I get these thoughts all the time, unfortunately for now I am tied down but I know that that wont be for ever, so in the meantime I am gathering all the information I can and making the plans. so that when the time comes I wont have to waste any time making plans or arrangements.

Ill just be off :woohoo: :woohoo:
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

I get the same thoughts but on a smaller scale. Maybe several months just around Europe? That seems to be my recurring urge. Two daughters (16 & 20), friends, relationships, and lack of money stop the thoughts :pinch:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

just go for it mate...

no matter how long you are living you are a long time dead......

you can always down size when/if you get back, and they reckon that most people are unhappy in the west because of actually having to much.

One final thing "you lucky bastard" to be in that position

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
byewayrider

Post by byewayrider »

Folks design stuff ....then someone convinces us we need it...then we convince ourself we do need it but dont actually...it breaks and we find out we didnt need it afterall...

Apply this to everything in your life and be happy....

I once went round.india for a fair few years ....when i landed at the uk airport money wasnt excepted because the credit card was invented...damn daft idea eh...

Enjoy whatever makes you happy for that moment as some bastard will spoil it....then you die
Solo ktm690 euro trail rider

Return to “TRAVEL”