EDC Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré: Moto travel/prep' tips that work for me.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
cozi70

Re: EDC Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré: Moto travel/prep' tips that work for me.

Post by cozi70 »

WIBO wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am What's the weather like in Ards today young man?

:D

Sunny with clear blue skys,but cold. Just getting ready for the rainy season that keeps the island green.
Griff097

Re: Yamaha XT660Z Ténéré: Moto travel/prepping tips that work for me.

Post by Griff097 »

Lankryider wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:00 pm I have to ask - you have Land Rovers, a big barn and a nice motorbike in France: what do you do for a living?! I want to escape London and do all that!
Well do it then, escape the rat race.

How much money do you think you need, what sort of lifestyle do you want,alter your expectations or work longer and harder till you are nearer dying and enjoy the rest of your days in luxury, it's your choice.

We all have the same choice and this life is only so long, three score and ten some say, but then there is the next life some say, enjoy every day of this one and any that may follow I say and if in doubt fuck em.
PHILinFRANCE

Post by PHILinFRANCE »

Griff097 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 am
Lankryider wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:00 pm I have to ask - you have Land Rovers, a big barn and a nice motorbike in France: what do you do for a living?! I want to escape London and do all that!

How much money do you think you need, what sort of lifestyle do you want,alter your expectations or work longer and harder till you are nearer dying and enjoy the rest of your days in luxury, it's your choice.

We all have the same choice and this life is only so long, three score and ten some say, but then there is the next life some say, enjoy every day of this one and any that may follow I say and if in doubt fuck em.
YEP .................GO FOR IT ...............we did

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1806825 ... =bookmarks

ImageP1020864 by Philip Parkinson, on Flickr
Lankryider

Post by Lankryider »

Griff097 wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 4:43 am

Yup! Just need more money than none - first step is save a little, part 2 of step 1 is research where to go :D
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Hi Wibo....2 questions are the shorth levers the long or short version from hongkong please...and what sprinfs are in the forks and how much preload do you use up front..opps thats 3 :x :o

Ive got croftys old bike and kinda lovong it after the ccm644
WIBO

Post by WIBO »

Morning....

I have a the short levers as the longer ones rub against the inside of my hand guards so think of that if applicable.

I had been running standard fork springs until I came across Ohlins progressive springs for a good second hand price. With the originals I ran with no preload as on any off road I found them too bouncy. To slow them down more I put in 20W fork oil. The forks are, by design are what they are.I noticed a great change once I changed over to the Ohlins springs. My rear shock was very tired by 80,000kms so I mounted Ohlins on that too.Of course it was like night and day

Any thing else by all means ask

All the best

:)

Last edited by WIBO on Tue May 28, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Will It Buff Out?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Ta muchly.... As usual.
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

So the servicing continues....now onto rear swing arm...needed the impact driver to loosen bokt and nut on lobg bolt then big hammer as bearings seized in rear engine mounts....

Removed the lower shock thibgy all nicely greased and copperslipped up....cheers crofty ;)

Now question the top shock is either seized on bearings or pin or uts rubber mounted...
Answers please...

So this weekend is follow keiths excellent write up on xt660 forum and regrease everything :lol: :lol: ...

Is the rear engine mount bearings or neddles folks....ive a landrover bush removal tool but info is best eh grommit...

Im enjoying working on a proper bike not some afterthough ccm....
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

Well ive sorted the stiff tol shock mount....the buggers at yamaha after fittjng a hyperpro spring over torqued the nut...lossened it off and all swinfs freely :o :lol: ...i fitted a new nylic nut and threadlocker ti be doublg safe....aka ccm days...
chunky butt

Post by chunky butt »

Nice one Russ, you prepping for a long trip ? ;)

Return to “TRAVEL”