Russia to Ukraine?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
captinktm

Re: Russia to Ukraine?

Post by captinktm »

mac10biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:
motorbike wrote:yup i did so very sorry you did not...i will now leave you alone to your quest
I thought it was funny as well but that probably doesn't help too much :unsure:
Yeah I'm no help either. I thought that was funny too!! ;)

Although I did cross into Ukraine from Poland this year and had no problems. I crossed about twenty borders this year and have always found the most important tool is your attitude B)
Great I thought you were all fuckin hilarious, but sadly no use at all, but I guess you knew that.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

captinktm wrote:
mac10biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:
motorbike wrote:yup i did so very sorry you did not...i will now leave you alone to your quest

Although I did cross into Ukraine from Poland this year and had no problems. I crossed about twenty borders this year and have always found the most important tool is your attitude B)
Great I thought you were all fuckin hilarious, but sadly no use at all, but I guess you knew that.
Only in your opinion.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

AndyB wrote:
captinktm wrote:
mac10biker wrote:
AndyB wrote:

Only in your opinion.
It's easy to see how you achieved your 1200cc posting shite like this. It would be much easier for everyone on here if guys just posted helpful comments or of course posted nothing at all. I asked a legitimate question, to which I had hope to get some up to date info, not humerus (in your opinion) shite from you. Feel free not to reply unless of course you have entered Ukraine from Russia in the past 6 months. B)
skipper

Post by skipper »

traveling anti clockwise would mean entering east ukraine from russia, which as they are buddies may well be possible, though you dont hear so much about it, there are still major problems there, are you sure that you want to be there? I think there is a ferry from georgia to near to odessa which may be an option.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Okay, well you can enter eastern Ukraine, or Novorossiya (New Russia as it's now known) from Russia easily enough. There is no official border on the Russian side (it's just open). As I said, I know a couple of freelance western journalists who are working out there, and cross into eastern Ukraine from Russia on a regular basis.

Might be worth reading this article by my friend Graham Phillips who is working out there:

https://thetruthspeaker.co/2016/06/07/a ... westerner/
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

KTM Deano wrote:Okay, well you can enter eastern Ukraine, or Novorossiya (New Russia as it's now known) from Russia easily enough. There is no official border on the Russian side (it's just open). As I said, I know a couple of freelance western journalists who are working out there, and cross into eastern Ukraine from Russia on a regular basis.

Might be worth reading this article by my friend Graham Phillips who is working out there:

https://thetruthspeaker.co/2016/06/07/a ... westerner/
Very interesting, I think I will do a loop in Russia and then return via the same Georgian boarder crossing, sound much easier. Thanks for that Deano probably saved me some sell time.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

No worries. Whatever you feel most comfortable doing. I'm hoping to get out there on my bike at some point in the future.

Anyway, all the best for your trip.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

KTM Deano wrote:No worries. Whatever you feel most comfortable doing. I'm hoping to get out there on my bike at some point in the future.

Anyway, all the best for your trip.
Your welcome to stop off here (Bulgaria) any time. I am travel to Georgia mainly to explore the Caucus mountains, the Rusky bit was just to take a different way home.
KTM Deano

Post by KTM Deano »

Cheers and thanks for the invitation. Russia is on my 'to do' list also. Such a fantastic country so I hope you share your experiences on here.
mac10biker

Post by mac10biker »

skipper wrote:traveling anti clockwise would mean entering east ukraine from russia, which as they are buddies may well be possible, though you dont hear so much about it, there are still major problems there, are you sure that you want to be there? I think there is a ferry from georgia to near to odessa which may be an option.
Yes. UK Ferry runs from Batumi to Odessa and takes a couple of days sailing, and the rates (and food on board) are decent.

Return to “TRAVEL”