USA Visa Waiver

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
strimstrum

USA Visa Waiver

Post by strimstrum »

Sorry if this is old news but from next month the Visa Waiver system for UK citizens entering the US is changing. There will be a charge of £9 for each applicant. However, you can avoid this by registering online at https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta and getting a visa waiver valid for 2 years at no cost.

The website asks for some basic information (you will need to have your passport handy)and that's all there is to it. It does ask for some details of travel plans but completion of that section is not compulsory so if you don't know exactly what flight you are on then just leave it blank. Only the fields with asterisks are compulsory.
davsato

Re:USA Visa Waiver

Post by davsato »

i hope we charge for them coming over here?
Dave
Alun

Post by Alun »

Good info strimstrum.

I've had to, er, how shall I say this, change my job title for the past 10 years to gain no aggro entry into the US. They've had strict entry rules covering journalists for years. But not so for publishers!
Sgt Bilco

Post by Sgt Bilco »

It's imperative you get your ESTA filled in but they won't be checking it. The ESTA is supposed to be a pre clearance but you still have to fill the green form out on the plane and stand in the queue with the pleb:( s.......

Return to “TRAVEL”