Devon & Cornwall advice

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
P4ulie

Re: Devon & Cornwall advice

Post by P4ulie »

devonuk wrote:
P4ulie wrote:Looks like I may be doing this a week too early, most camp sites are charging high season rates til the 1st, more importantly you can't just book 1 night :pinch:

I do resent having to pay £30 to pitch a small tent, I know they're trying to make a living but you can often find a B&B cheaper.

Looks a cracking route, really appreciate the time you spent posting that Emf (thumbs)
Have you left yet?
Not yet, broke a tent pole at the Overland event so home to re supply. Unsurprisingly I have a back up :whistle:

I reckon will be heading off Weds so still planning where & what
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
adventure steele

Post by adventure steele »

my cousin and I did a nice trip round last year stopped in Looe and did the entire coast was cracking trip tintagel can be nice to and a few coves near there, love Trebawith strands
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

First camp will be near Lynmouth, then follow the A39 down ending up at Lizard Point for the 2nd night. Friday night near Tregony visiting friends after spending the day on the Lands End loop. I have found 2 sites that allow fires so evening entertainment sorted (thumbs)

I'm still undecided on Dartmoor for saturday night (not sure where yet so recommendations gratefully received) will be slightly beery eyed & want to re visit some childhood memories in Torquay & surrounds during the day. Nice & easy days mileage wise, in no hurry & on holiday.

Weather looks like it might be half decent, I've packed swimwear just in case B)
devonuk

Post by devonuk »

Okay... I was going to offer my back garden in Plymouth as a place to pitch a tent but were off to Slovakia now for the footie. Next time lol.
scouse

Post by scouse »

What you on ? We are off down to Budleigh Salterton on Saturday en route to spain via the ferry.. look out for a yellow R1200GS and and a yellow F650GS bearing Overland and ABR stickers on the screens.
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Devonboy

Post by Devonboy »

Can't fault any of the advice so far. A39 is amazing. St Ives to St Just around the coast another great road not fast but senic, St Mawes is great. Fom Looe to Seaton then across the top of Whitsand Bay again for the Views. Plymouth-Kingsbridge-Torcross to Dartmouth, ferry across the Dart the into Torbay.
Just some idea's.
g00ner

Post by g00ner »

Off to Silverstone all weekend with the lad followed by a South Coast wander from Kent to Penzance via small roads. If you see a silver 1150 GS in company with a Derbi Terra Adventure 125 give us a wave (thumbs)

We're having a stopover Monday night on the Isle of Portland to give the lad a break, be in Penzance Tuesday all being well
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

A day behind schedule so at Lizard tonight. This campsites heaving

20160902_182542.jpg
20160902_182542.jpg (43.84 KiB) Viewed 2064 times
Weather was miserable this morning, tents dried & aired......unfortunately it's going to piss it down come the morning :( have a roof tomorrow so could be worse.

Return to “TRAVEL”