If your riding in the borders of Scotland , watch out.

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
sprintster

Re: If your riding in the borders of Scotland , watch out.

Post by sprintster »

moto al wrote:One thing I don't understand , under scots law you need 2 police officers two charge you with an offence , so how come one cop on a bike can do you??? Al
Maybe that has now changed now that they have video evidence to back them up.I saw a guy in a car getting pulled by a single traffic cop yesterday. :unsure:
moto al

Post by moto al »

sprintster wrote:
moto al wrote:One thing I don't understand , under scots law you need 2 police officers two charge you with an offence , so how come one cop on a bike can do you??? Al
Maybe that has now changed now that they have video evidence to back them up.I saw a guy in a car getting pulled by a single traffic cop yesterday. :unsure:
one cop charging you in Scotland would not stand up in a Scottish court of law. Sorry not trying too be a smart ARSE ,most of my pals are in the legal profession , that's what comes of a catholic education in Glasgow. Sometimes known as the Catholic mafia .in Glasgow.Al (thumbs)
moto al
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

I'd guess that it's corroboration, so policeman says you were doing 20mph over the speed limit, and it's corroborated by the camera / video. The font of all that is true says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrobora ... _Scots_law
moto al

Post by moto al »

Oop North John wrote:
I'd guess that it's corroboration, so policeman says you were doing 20mph over the speed limit, and it's corroborated by the camera / video. The font of all that is true says:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corrobora ... _Scots_law
il have too take council, my learned friend . (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs) .al :whistle:
moto al
.fraser.

Post by .fraser. »

Al, I've seen the unmarked bikes operating on the A84/85/82. They seem to be operating in a team made up of one unmarked bike, one marked bike and a marked car. The unmarked bike always seems to be parked in a lay-by with the car and other bike parked further up the road. Ive seen this a few times this year.
I've also seen the two unmarked bikes filling up at The Welly on seperate occasions, FJR and a K1300, have no on board cameras.
-Ralph-

Post by -Ralph- »

flamair wrote:I'm all for making roads safer, especially for bikers.

But camera vans and unmarked bikes have nothing to do with safety. Just revenue collection
Why does an unmarked bike have nothing to do with safety? It's the same guy on it that rides a marked bike. He decides whether to prosecute using the same criteria. All unmarked means is the idiots can't behave when they see a marked bike, and spend the rest of the day being idiots, they actually get caught being idiots because of the unmarked bike.
"Luke, you're going to find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
Tenere Mart

Post by Tenere Mart »

Thanks for that Al , for me police don't bother me I don't mind at all should I be followed as I don't realy speed to cause attention . Yes there are absolute idiots out on bikes aswell . I ride every day of the year and RedEric knows this of me to . Only time I open up is on the lanes ect .
But interesting police all have to jobs as we have to in our own jobs . ;)
MART
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

-Ralph- wrote:
flamair wrote:I'm all for making roads safer, especially for bikers.

But camera vans and unmarked bikes have nothing to do with safety. Just revenue collection
Why does an unmarked bike have nothing to do with safety? It's the same guy on it that rides a marked bike. He decides whether to prosecute using the same criteria. All unmarked means is the idiots can't behave when they see a marked bike, and spend the rest of the day being idiots, they actually get caught being idiots because of the unmarked bike.
Precisely that ^^ ...a marked camera van can catch dozens of people doing 2 mph over the limit ...but as we so often hear, it won't necessarily catch the full on idiots that think the road is their personal racetrack...the unmarked bikes use the same officers as the marked units, usually have ( much) higher thresholds for prosecuting and are ridden by enthusiasts with an above average level of tolerance for bikes ( and discretion) ...in this day and age of mobile phones, www and Facebook nobody is really going to be unaware of their presence ( in fact they used unmarked bikes over 20 years ago, so anyone unaware of their existence probably needs a new licence anyway ...PS they usually cost far more to run than they make in 'revenue' ....
moto al

Post by moto al »

Also from this w/end Edinburgh has introduced a 20 mph speed limit in the city . So watch oooot Al
moto al
geoham

Post by geoham »

That's a good heads up moto al on the 20mph speed limit in Edinburgh.

They have also introduced the 20mph speed limit on a few of the roads around Belfast city centre!

Return to “TRAVEL”