We Went for a little Bimble

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Selous

We Went for a little Bimble

Post by Selous »

Hi all well, Me & her to be obeyed went for our little bimble to France, my new GF had never been on a bike till she met me, & the furthest had been so far on the back of the was Eastbourne.
I suggested a few days in France camping, as that is all the buckshee time I had available, so we packed the panniers, took of the Top box & put my otleibe in it's place.

As we where only going for 4 days we didnt need much :whistle: Dave Lomax would of had a field day with us :)
As She had never been Camping either, lucky for me & still got quite a bit of 'ehem' older camping kit, that I have held on too as a 'never know might come in handy'.
besides the Tesco £20.00 3 man Tent (had it 3) years now, so got my ££ back on that one I think. We decided we would take my Coleman 442 multi fuel cooker + 1 pot & lid + 2 mugs + KFS so we could have a brew, buy bred cheese etc. & buy a eve meal if we felt like it.
we both took 1 change of clothing each except the socks & Undies, a few extra.
We opted for the Cordura gear other than the leathers, (not sure if a wise move?) as when sitting on ferry & got to camp site I was soaking wet! & yes I had my EDZ under gear on & no liner in the trousers.

I booked on line outward with P & O £13.00 Return £15.00
we arrived in plenty of time,
SNV81659 Medium.JPG
SNV81659 Medium.JPG (105.27 KiB) Viewed 957 times

I had already asked on the Forum for camp sites in France, so I found I liked the sound of & where we wanted it to be I phoned in advance, they had spaces.
SNV81682 Medium.JPG
SNV81682 Medium.JPG (85.84 KiB) Viewed 957 times
It cost 14.00 euros for the entire time, with or without elec. on the way there we went past the municipal camp site out of interest I asked how much 24.00 euro's per night so brucie bonus for us.

On arriving we found the camp site to be massive, with some perminate homes by the beach, others, the caravans & Tents in a another part, Showers cost 1 euro for 6 min, She did notice the loos had no seats in fact made without a place to put a seat on!! lots of things to do for all ages, night club, tennis boles volley ball etc.

SNV81678 Medium.JPG
SNV81678 Medium.JPG (110.84 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81679 Medium.JPG
SNV81679 Medium.JPG (93.85 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81680 Medium.JPG
SNV81680 Medium.JPG (127.49 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81685 Medium.JPG
SNV81685 Medium.JPG (115.31 KiB) Viewed 957 times
the next day we decided we would go for a ride around visit a few places near by as we left the camp-site the Belgium border as 1000 yds away!!

SNV81668 Medium.JPG
SNV81668 Medium.JPG (71.99 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81670 Medium.JPG
SNV81670 Medium.JPG (40.79 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81669 Medium.JPG
SNV81669 Medium.JPG (57.75 KiB) Viewed 957 times
we went for a little ride in to Belgium and back a scenic route then off to Dunkirk, I wanted to pay my respects to the fallen.
SNV81666 Medium.JPG
SNV81666 Medium.JPG (40.65 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81661 Medium.JPG
SNV81661 Medium.JPG (102.37 KiB) Viewed 957 times
we then came back & had a spot of lunch in one of the 3 night clubs / pubs on the camp-site, the food was very reasonable & really good, & then we found out how the Camp site got it's name.

SNV81672 Medium.JPG
SNV81672 Medium.JPG (61.83 KiB) Viewed 957 times
no idea the type of parrot but very friendly & they let them out
SNV81673 Medium.JPG
SNV81673 Medium.JPG (127.15 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81674 Medium.JPG
SNV81674 Medium.JPG (136.01 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81676 Medium.JPG
SNV81676 Medium.JPG (90.51 KiB) Viewed 957 times
Unfortunately It rained all day the Thursday, but good job we had our Cordura gear as we decided just to relax & do bugger all go for walks etc.

We packed up the Tent Fri morning & headed off but took a photo of the space I had for my 3 man tent we could of got another 6, in there!! very easy
SNV81664 Medium.JPG
SNV81664 Medium.JPG (107.26 KiB) Viewed 957 times
SNV81686 Medium.JPG
SNV81686 Medium.JPG (126.51 KiB) Viewed 957 times
This Short trip, was really a taster for her to see if she would put up with it or no way, well she has decided she
1) Now wants to learn to ride (on the look out for a 125, don't want to do DAS)
2) Decided she now wants a exped down 7 matterss, (I used mine she had my old Tesco blow
up thing, £5.00 ;)
3) Wants sleeping bag's that can be zipped up togeather :whistle: (I used my new down bag
she had my old Army feather thing, (took up more space than my change of gear!! :laugh:
4) We need a better Tent This Tent fore what I payaed for has done very well
now looking at Vango Omega, Bravo or Banshee all 350 (3 man Tent)

Either way we enjoyed our selves, I know it is not really adventure Riding, but it was an awfully big adventure for her B)

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
900Fantrider

Re: We Went for a little Bimble

Post by 900Fantrider »

Nice starter trip for her!
I took my GF on our first date to France, 3 days before I gave her a cargo bag and said thats all you can take! she was horified! The longest time we had spent together was the first Coffee/fuel stop followed by the next three days, fell madly for each other and still together 5 years on! and she now rides her own bike with me (sometimes) and can shim Ducati valves faster than I can :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck for you and your new partner!
Too many Cagiva Elefants, Gran Canyons and Ducatis!
Azzalin SP and various others.
Selous

Post by Selous »

Cheers, just found out why it was so qiet & firworks on Thursday Night, (theres me thinking it was me B) ;) ) parently i;) s was Baseal Day :whistle:

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

Looked a nice starter trip mate. Better than going miles and days before she found enjoyable. :)
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Selous wrote:Cheers, just found out why it was so qiet & firworks on Thursday Night, (theres me thinking it was me B) ;) ) parently i;) s was Baseal Day :whistle:
I know i`m gutted, this is the first time in 4 years Ive missed Bastille Day! The fireworks at our local lake in Normandy make UK Nov 5th fireworks look like sparklers!
900Fantrider

Post by 900Fantrider »

Treadtrader wrote:Looked a nice starter trip mate. Better than going miles and days before she found enjoyable. :)
Still waiting for your RR Dave?? and you a moderator and all that!! ;) :laugh:
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

900Fantrider wrote:
Treadtrader wrote:Looked a nice starter trip mate. Better than going miles and days before she found enjoyable. :)
Still waiting for your RR Dave?? and you a moderator and all that!! ;) :laugh:
I'll do it tomorrow, stop nagging. :lol: :lol:
Contact email [email protected] or pm.
prooney377

Post by prooney377 »

Good on ya mate. Looks and sounds like you both had a great time :)
Why? Why not?
Selous

Post by Selous »

have now uploaded my first ever vid from you tube, I have called it Jeanette & the French Parrot Sketch

Multirider

Post by Multirider »

Looks like a great trip, glad Jeanette enjoyed it. I am trying to get my SO on a trip across the water - it's a bit like pulling teeth at the moment though!
The only thing the blues is afraid of is the pipes........

BMW G650GS

Suzuki DRZ400E

Jeep Cherokee 3.7 petrol

Mercedes CLK 320 Cabriolet - It's Summer!

Return to “TRAVEL”