Cheap ferries

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
moto al

Cheap ferries

Post by moto al »

Hi chaps,I'm just off the phone to friend ,there's a few of them going to the bm bash in garmisch ,he phoned p&o direct , return Hull / zebrugge bike ,out side cabin with meals inc meals £195. Well worth a call chaps. (thumbs) Al
moto al
Spike941

Re: Cheap ferries

Post by Spike941 »

Have a cheap ferry to Hook of Holland a fortnight today. It's a day crossing so haven't booked a cabin, normally do night crossings with a pre booked cabin. Was wondering whether to try and book a single cabin once I've boarded, just to dump my kit and probably take a nap after a 4am start. Anyone experience with getting a cabin after checking in?
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Spike941 wrote:Have a cheap ferry to Hook of Holland a fortnight today. It's a day crossing so haven't booked a cabin, normally do night crossings with a pre booked cabin. Was wondering whether to try and book a single cabin once I've boarded, just to dump my kit and probably take a nap after a 4am start. Anyone experience with getting a cabin after checking in?
That's the same weekend as the Assen MotoGP round so I'd expect it to be full but worth a try. Have you checked the website to see if there are any cabins still available?
moto al

Post by moto al »

Today I booked my ferry for the hiss, Irish ferries overnight Dublin Cherbourg return Euro 193. Not bad eh, and that will save me well over 300 miles too Portsmouth ,from Glasgow .Al (thumbs)
moto al
Billy Bananahead

Post by Billy Bananahead »

Spike941 wrote: Anyone experience with getting a cabin after checking in?
I have once. I think I was just lucky as every time I tried after that I was out of luck. Now I pre-book the cabin at the same time as booking the crossing just to be sure.
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

AndyB wrote:
Spike941 wrote:Have a cheap ferry to Hook of Holland a fortnight today. It's a day crossing so haven't booked a cabin, normally do night crossings with a pre booked cabin. Was wondering whether to try and book a single cabin once I've boarded, just to dump my kit and probably take a nap after a 4am start. Anyone experience with getting a cabin after checking in?
That's the same weekend as the Assen MotoGP round so I'd expect it to be full but worth a try. Have you checked the website to see if there are any cabins still available?
I did phone the ferry company, but they told me as I'd booked online I'd have to amend my booking online. There were cabins still available, but the amendment booking fee almost doubled the price of the cabin. I shall just make the Purser's desk my first port of call once the bike's strapped down.
Spurgus69

Post by Spurgus69 »

Anyone using euro tunnel get your ticket free by using your Tesco points

Return to “TRAVEL”