Trip round France Germany june or July

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Jay750

Post by Jay750 »

Hi guys I'm new to the site and currently don't have a huge amount of biking friends to go out riding with and I'm wanting to do a trip in June or July this year around France and Germany and potentially Switzerland....
Would anyone be interested in joining me or is anyone going that I could tag along with?
I live in Manchester UK
I have Facebook as I don't really come on here that much
Jay Forgione (pic is of joey Dunlop memorial in Estonia)

Thanks
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Ride solo, take a book to read

You'll have a great time exploring at your own pace & agenda

Your freedom is guaranteed
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Peirre

Re: Trip round France Germany june or July

Post by Peirre »

JB maybe the OP is a sociable person and wants to share an adventure, or as a solo traveller lacks the confidence to venture beyond their comfort zone. I was once in a similar situation where due to work/life commitments I was never able to get any of my regular buddies to join me on my trips because our fixed work holiday dates never sync'd. So I know it takes a little courage to do a trip solo, whether it be the 1st trip abroad.
Maybe the OP could elaborate on places (rather than countries) where they'd like to visit, then maybe they could inspire someone to join them
wideparting

Post by wideparting »

a few of us from the north west may be going down to the stella alpina at the begining of july.ill let you know nearer the time if its on.
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Peirre wrote:JB maybe the OP is a sociable person and wants to share an adventure, or as a solo traveller lacks the confidence to venture beyond their comfort zone. I was once in a similar situation where due to work/life commitments I was never able to get any of my regular buddies to join me on my trips because our fixed work holiday dates never sync'd. So I know it takes a little courage to do a trip solo, whether it be the 1st trip abroad.
Maybe the OP could elaborate on places (rather than countries) where they'd like to visit, then maybe they could inspire someone to join them
Agreed, it's a leap of faith to go solo

But you end meeting more people, seeing more things and doing what you want

The downside is...... you get lonely or you tend to pack too much in and ride too long

I've done both and like group travel or solo

The downside with groups is that everything is a compromise, naturally and you might not achieve what YOU want from your 2 week hols. Although you might have some fun on a night etc

However advertising for unknown mates here, for a trip is - you don't know them, you might all fall out, they may have habits that piss you off or they may be an axe murderer :whistle:
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Neavey

Post by Neavey »

I don't know if it's of interest (you don't say what you are riding) but there are several bikes heading to Garmisch at the start of July for the BMW festival. I will be there and heading down south to Sicily afterwards.
videoman

Post by videoman »

I would like to do something similar as most of my mates have stopped riding bikes but unfortunately I am away three times in June and July and none of them are on the bike!!

I also don't know if my elderly VFR800 would be up to it but it would give me a good excuse to go and buy another bike.
Tourider

Post by Tourider »

It's a bit late for this year but The International Motorcyclists Tour Club may be the answer for people who want to tour sociably. www.imtc.org.uk
Andyberg

Post by Andyberg »

i am from wigan and am going 29 july down east side of france into switzerland then south of france perhaps just touching italy and home again just me and my partner if thats any good to u (thumbs)
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Andyberg wrote:i am from wigan and am going 29 july down east side of france into switzerland then south of france perhaps just touching italy and home again just me and my partner if thats any good to u (thumbs)
Andy I am going down france through Germany and then into Switzerland on the 29th. Are you getting the ferry or tunnel?
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “TRAVEL”