The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Andyberg

Re: Trip round France Germany june or July

Post by Andyberg »

1500 29 july tunnel
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

OK Ill be there about 0800 in the morning. Have a good trip.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I'd only go with people I already knew and ride with. It's bad enough trying to find one of your mates who's missed a turning but I wouldn't waste many minutes doing that for someone I'd met at the Channel Tunnel.

Go on your own. I was reluctant to do it but the dates I wanted to be away left me no choice and it's just so much easier. Plan your route in the morning when the weather forecast is going to be more accurate and away you go (thumbs)
sprintster

Post by sprintster »

I am actually going to France and Germany at the beginning of July but like AndyB says I would rather go on my own than with strangers.If a good friend of yours is involved in an accident or has a breakdown you would stick around and help them out even if it messes up your plans but I wouldn't be so keen to stick around for someone I'd just met the day before.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

AndyB wrote:I'd only go with people I already knew and ride with. It's bad enough trying to find one of your mates who's missed a turning but I wouldn't waste many minutes doing that for someone I'd met at the Channel Tunnel.

Go on your own. I was reluctant to do it but the dates I wanted to be away left me no choice and it's just so much easier. Plan your route in the morning when the weather forecast is going to be more accurate and away you go (thumbs)
Andy, I'm already going with people but I thought it would be nice to say hello to a fellow ABR'r at the tunnel. I'm still yet to meet anyone from this site (apart from the paople I know).
Wayne
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “TRAVEL”