Fuel rationing in france..

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Stray Dog

Re: Fuel rationing in france..

Post by Stray Dog »

Just filled up near Ruffec (Charente) 30€ limit, no cans!.
Going to Poitiers airport tomorrow, so that'll be gone.
Hope I can get some in Poitiers, otherwise I may be pushing it home. :dry:

Dog
Trev

Post by Trev »

Wahoooooo :ohmy: Off to Franceland week after next, the NC is great on fuel but don't fancy spending ten days pottering between garages. Gonna keep a close eye on the fuel situation in France and the weather in Scotland and may just head North instead of South and postpone the ferry tickets for another time
Timcat

Post by Timcat »

Just rode back from Andora to the tunnel. All was fine until south of Paris, as said no cans & long que's. A couple of garages were empty & closed..
Jinna

Post by Jinna »

I'm in Provence diesel is restricted to €30 per customer no restrictions on petrol, queues at some garages not all
V_King

Post by V_King »

well two days ago spent a couple of hours and 100kms north of Orleans until was lucky to get some petrol, by reaching the petrol station on fumes. otherwise, would have camped next to the petrol station :angry:

anyways, locals are saying that apparently the government have found the law which prevents such actions and had military involved to get the fuel going again. But today near Tolouse there were still some petrol stations closed with no petrol or diesel.

What really pissed me off was that everyone would queue in the automatic petrol stations which have long run out of petrol, get their card into the machine, try to fill up, then fuck off without saying anything to anybody that there is no petrol. I wonder how much of extra traffic was just created due to the idiots driving around for fuel.
""
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

V_King wrote:well two days ago spent a couple of hours and 100kms north of Orleans until was lucky to get some petrol, by reaching the petrol station on fumes. otherwise, would have camped next to the petrol station :angry:

anyways, locals are saying that apparently the government have found the law which prevents such actions and had military involved to get the fuel going again. But today near Tolouse there were still some petrol stations closed with no petrol or diesel.

What really pissed me off was that everyone would queue in the automatic petrol stations which have long run out of petrol, get their card into the machine, try to fill up, then fuck off without saying anything to anybody that there is no petrol. I wonder how much of extra traffic was just created due to the idiots driving around for fuel.
was it not kind of obvious?
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

ive said it before but this weekend is a major holiday break in france ....it will all boil over and be finished soon as the government caves in to the masses (thumbs)

typical french ....
Teflon Jnr

Post by Teflon Jnr »

I hope so going to France next Thursday ferry booked since November last year 13 of us going over all abr members just hope it's all sorted before then
Jesus rides a Harley and the devil wears prada

🇩🇪 🇧🇪 🇬🇧 🇮🇪 🇫🇷 🇮🇲 🇱🇺
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

What's the protocol in France for hopping up the queue at a petrol station when you're on a bike? I know we can do it easily on a bike but do they get the arse?
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Scott_rider wrote:What's the protocol in France for hopping up the queue at a petrol station when you're on a bike? I know we can do it easily on a bike but do they get the arse?
you might get roggered by a baggette (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “TRAVEL”