Fuel rationing in france..

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
diggermanbob

Re: Fuel rationing in france..

Post by diggermanbob »

We are going over on Monday in the van with the bike in the back , off down to the Lot !!! So will be filling the van brim full and taking a couple of Jerry cans of diesel. (thumbs)
Alban

Post by Alban »

Mike 101 wrote ' there is no fuel issue south of Toulouse at the mo.'

So they got nothing Toulouse? :P
herman

Post by herman »

diggermanbob wrote:We are going over on Monday in the van with the bike in the back , off down to the Lot !!! So will be filling the van brim full and taking a couple of Jerry cans of diesel. (thumbs)
Hide them well the ferries dont like them full (thumbs)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
wwdph02

Post by wwdph02 »

114 miles "south of Toulouse" is Spain? (Andorra la Vella, Andorra) so most bikes should make it out of France.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

I've just filled up near Gavarnie with no problems which should see me ok back in to Spain on Friday.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

wwdph02 wrote:114 miles "south of Toulouse" is Spain? (Andorra la Vella, Andorra) so most bikes should make it out of France.
Yeah, but I've got to get to Toulouse first.........from Calais on Sunday. :whistle:
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

Scott_rider wrote:In my experience, finding fuel stations in France can be difficult at the best of times. They just don't seem to have as many of them as we do :huh: .

I hope it gets sorted as we're over there in 2 weeks time and going from Calais to Carcassonne in 2 days.
I think they have more than we do, you just have to know where to look. :silly:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

I think a long bit of fuel hose to syphone cars fuel tanks would be a wise addition....and some water incase you need to walk lol...
Scott_rider

Post by Scott_rider »

Milo Tighfield wrote:
Scott_rider wrote:In my experience, finding fuel stations in France can be difficult at the best of times. They just don't seem to have as many of them as we do :huh: .

I hope it gets sorted as we're over there in 2 weeks time and going from Calais to Carcassonne in 2 days.
I think they have more than we do, you just have to know where to look. :silly:
Yes, I checked and they got more 12,000 and we've got 8,000. I guess it feels as if there aren't as many because France is 3 times bigger than the UK. Therefore proportionately it should have 24,000 petrol stations :silly:

I'll get my coat... :blush:
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Tim Cullis

Post by Tim Cullis »

We had to travel from southern Spain to near Nantes on Sunday for a funeral and had been pre-warned of the fuel shortages.

We were in the Discovery with an 82-litre fuel tank. We filled up with the cheaper fuel before leaving Spain and then topped the tank near Bordeaux without problems. Further north the first two fuel stations we tried in the Vendée region on the return journey on Tuesday only allowed €20. Once we got as far south as Bordeaux again, there were no restrictions.

I spoke to a group of British bikers who had been stranded for two days further north until they could get some small supply of fuel.
"For sheer delight there is nothing like altitude; it gives one the thrill of adventure
and enlarges the world in which you live," Irving Mather (1892-1966)

Access the Morocco Knowledgebase

Return to “TRAVEL”