Bloody Booking.Com

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
vRSG60

Bloody Booking.Com

Post by vRSG60 »

I've just had an email from a hotel I've booked using Booking.Com, the last one on our July trip saying -
"Good afternoon, We hold to inform you that at the date of your stay, we accomodate a society wedding and that we are not able to guarantee a stay whith the calm to you. We advise you if it is possible for you, to shift your stay. Thank you for your comprehension. Cordially, Reception."

Now I understand that using Booking.com I can cancel up to a certain date BUT, I booked first, tell the wedding to bugger off
Out On The Floor - Keep The Faith
Mike54

Re: Bloody Booking.Com

Post by Mike54 »

how exactly is this the fault of booking.com ?
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

They are probably worried you will gatecrash the Wedding in bike gear, so remember to pack your Tux and best shoes :)
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

Mike54 wrote:how exactly is this the fault of booking.com ?
Well OK then bloody French hotels :P

I've either booked the rooms or I haven't.
moto al

Post by moto al »

At least they let you know it might be noisy ,and gave you option too move. I wouldn't blame booking .com.
moto al
vRSG60

Post by vRSG60 »

moto al wrote:At least they let you know it might be noisy ,and gave you option too move. I wouldn't blame booking .com.
I thought they are letting me know that the rooms will not be available. hard to tell.

Which why I started the post. my mistake. Wedding eh. Women (thumbs)

Don't know whether to keep the booking or not now. I'm struggling finding anywhere else at a decent price.
steve172

Post by steve172 »

Had a similar experience using booking.com couple of years ago.

Got to Omegna, Italy, booked a hotel for the evening not far away, took about an hour to find it as it turned out to be up a mountain somewhere. Got to the hotel eventually to be told "no rooms available" despite having a booking confirmation from booking.com for that hotel for that night.

Maybe not booking.com's fault but perhaps a miscommunication between them and the hotel.

Only problem I've ever had, and has not put me off using booking.com (thumbs)
Dazzer

Post by Dazzer »

Adventure Rider !!!! Man up and take a tent . ;)
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

I think it's all about how you plan your trip.
I know you like to plan your routes in detail and pre book accommodation months in advance.
Nowt wrong with that, I know it's all part of the experience.
I'm the opposite really! I'll give you an example.....
Last year travelling through Romania we stumbled across a really lovely Hotel in the mountains. It was busy, we went to reception and we were told that there was a wedding on, so no rooms available.
The hotel was owned by a cooked meat factory that was located behind the hotel. The owner of the hotel and cooked meat factory was enjoying a brink at the bar within earshot.
In typical Romanian style he came over, told us to take a seat, bought us a drink, he orderd us a meal, gave us a tour of his (very clean modern) factory, pointed out his new Bentley Car and sorted us out a lovely room.
No charge!
Edit.....Of course I won't tell you about the other times I've spent hours trying to find somewhere to stay the night!
moto al

Post by moto al »

vRSG60 wrote:
moto al wrote:At least they let you know it might be noisy ,and gave you option too move. I wouldn't blame booking .com.
I thought they are letting me know that the rooms will not be available. hard to tell.

Which why I started the post. maybe my mistake. Wedding eh. Women (thumbs)
sometimes dealing with other countries things get lost in translation . Iv seen some belters .cheers Al (thumbs) ,..
moto al

Return to “TRAVEL”