Booking Ferry to Amsterdam

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
midlife

Booking Ferry to Amsterdam

Post by midlife »

Hi Folks,
Off with wife (seperate bikes) to Holland etc however I am finding booking online a little problematical. We obviously want to share a cabin but having to register the 2 bikes seperately does not seem to give you the opportunity to state that you are travelling together. Can any one recommend the best way around this and also is there a discount code anywhere at the moment. Thanks in advance
Rob
Dark Knight

Re: Booking Ferry to Amsterdam

Post by Dark Knight »

Must admit that I have never had a problem with two people on separate bikes sharing a cabin.
Mosel Bikes

Post by Mosel Bikes »

You can use the Harley discount code X0090 http://www.dfdsseaways.co.uk/harley and as indicated, have to telephone to use it to obtain your 10% discount. You can then of course specify two people, two bikes, one cabin. The usual telephone booking fee is waived.
Enjoy (thumbs)
Greyhound Racing .... don't bet, don't go - you bet, they die :cry:
hornet

Post by hornet »

Had the same issue from memory there is a small check box to the right of where it says vehicle type and it didn't show on my pc but did on Emma's tablet

the other thing you might want to try is tesco club card vouchers as its a boost so 3 quid for each pound you exchange the only thing was you get an e voucher which works easy enough but you have to pay the flexi price so about 20 more than economy price but even so we had 30 so 90 off

Must confess it didn't seem fair but ended up paying about 260 return one over night one day crossing , mind you that was simple compared to the blood train booking :evil:

Good luck with it

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
coyotedave

Post by coyotedave »

Don't bother with on line booking, Call them and explain you are 2 people on 2 bikes.
Also, You can get a 4 birth cabin for the same price as a 2 birth, More room for bike gear.

Cheers Dave.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

coyotedave wrote:Don't bother with on line booking, Call them and explain you are 2 people on 2 bikes.
Also, You can get a 4 birth cabin for the same price as a 2 birth, More room for bike gear.

Cheers Dave.
This is what we do. We've also got on the ferry and asked right at the last minute if a disabled room was free and if so could we have it. I wouldn't book one in advance because my conscience would have me thinking I'd stopped a disabled person from having it but just before it sails I feel ok about it and there's a lot more room for bike kit in a disabled cabin.
Philiptigerrice

Post by Philiptigerrice »

I spotted this yesterday when I was booking on P&O North Sea Ferries, Hull to Rotterdam in their FAQ's Section:

Can I book 2 vehicles/motorbikes/bicycles on one reservation?
Afraid not – we can’t currently book more than one vehicle per reservation as an online booking. But our call centre will happily do this for you - give them a call on 01304 44 88 88
Greater Manchester
R1200 GS Adv ('08)
Spike941

Post by Spike941 »

I was wondering what sort of prices you guys are paying to get across to Holland. Seems to be quite big variations in prices depending on your choice to operator, route, cabins included or not and times of sailing. I'm booked with Stena from Harwich to Rotterdam on a Saturday day time sailing in June without cabin, one way for £48. OK I appreciate a night sailing with cabin saves you an overnight on land accommodation cost, and you don't lose a day's riding. The daytime sailing takes 8 or 9 hours. With my route, I'll have a couples hours early evening ride to Arnhem, where I'm meeting up with a mate and where we're booked into the the Holiday Inn express, with secure parking, for £29. Cheapest overall option I could find.
hornet

Post by hornet »

Some of it depends on kids holidays big jump in price in some cases

Our is for two people two bikes overnight one way day the other, the over night is just before kids break for half term over early may bank holiday. Tunnel has always worked well for us but fancied a change and Harwich is half the distance than Folkstone and cuts a big old chunk of less interesting riding for where we are headed, Tunnel would have been aprox £145 return for both from memory

I think sometimes you have to weigh up time cost as well as money most of us guys and girls get limited time perhaps one , two or maybe three weeks at a stretch and some are far less fortunate than that with time so getting where you want to be becomes more of an issue the further you want to go.

Mike
Two wheels roaming. My FB page
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

We use the Harwich - Hook crossing a lot but usually only for night crossings because it's a long journey to just be sitting there reading a book.

We're going to Assen for the MotoGP this year using the Friday night crossing out and the Monday afternoon back but we've booked a cabin for the return as well just so we can have a couple of hours kip to relieve the boredom.

Return to “TRAVEL”