Brittany

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Phil

Brittany

Post by Phil »

Me and a mate went to Brittany for 5 days. Stayed at my moms place in the Morbihan region. For the people who haven’t visited Brittany before, it is a very quiet place……didn’t see a single English bike there and only saw one English car (export for the port obviously)…oh, and saw one copper.

Trip started bad as on the ferry (portmosuth – St.Malo)they tied our bikes down with rope to a hand rail, and the crossing was a bit rough and we got bugger all sleep – partly due to worrying about our bikes!

Rolled of into France on a beautiful sunny morning and headed off toawards St Brieuc using the coast road (going through Matigon and Frehel). The used to smaller road to Montcontour and west to Corlay. Lovely sleepy villages and some nice chilled roads. (zero traffic apart from the odd tractor)

We headed out to the Crozon region and was blown away by it….lovely towns, roads, beaches…was bliss. Found a huge beach there with no one on it…..just two suffers in the sea.
DSCN0194.jpg
DSCN0194.jpg (41.27 KiB) Viewed 504 times
DSCN0200.jpg
DSCN0200.jpg (39.75 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Also went to Quiberon, Carnac and La Trinnite-sur Mer (ive been there before but not on my bike) Quiberon is nice but the single road down to it can get a little bit busy (not English “busy” though). Carnac is the place of all those ancient stones and La Trinnite-sur Mer has some of the most beautiful little beaches.

DSCN0181.jpg
DSCN0181.jpg (73.1 KiB) Viewed 504 times
When riding around Brittany we just visited/paseed through the smaller towns and mainly used the twistest yellow roads we could find on the map. Found some nice twisted where the Fazer came into her element….new back rubber as well…yummy!:cheer:

DSCN0193.jpg
DSCN0193.jpg (50.35 KiB) Viewed 504 times
DSCN0208.jpg
DSCN0208.jpg (49.69 KiB) Viewed 504 times
Also rode down to just inside the Pays De La Loire region (just north of St Nazzaire) and to be honest was disappointed. The area was very flat and quite industrial…and a tad run down (considering how pretty France normally is)

IMG_0427.jpg
IMG_0427.jpg (59.74 KiB) Viewed 504 times
DSCN0169.jpg
DSCN0169.jpg (48.16 KiB) Viewed 504 times
I thinking visiting Brittany is good if you want a quite/peaceful break, there’s not much traffic so is prob good for peeps maybe doing there 1st over seas trip. If you want major fun roads or absolutely breathe taking scenery I would head elsewhere in France. I only went there so I could stay at my moms place ;)
scouse

Re: Brittany

Post by scouse »

Damn beat me to it .... same are last month with similar pictures and some video ... just no time to get them all sorted and up here :D

Me always do Plymouth-Roscoff, as then we get to ride the roads across country form Morlaix to Lorient via Huelgoat . ;)
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen
Phil

Re: Brittany

Post by Phil »

scouse wrote:Me always do Plymouth-Roscoff,

i did plymouth - Roscoff on the way back, They ratcheted the bikes down this time as well. :)

Return to “TRAVEL”