Squires (Leeds) : What an anticlimax!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Dazzer

Re: Squires (Leeds) : What an anticlimax!

Post by Dazzer »

I have only been to the new place twice.. its very very busy so a lot of riders like the place. Sadly for me I liked the original Squires on the village far better. It was the real deal bikers milk bar. Im guessing back then if you rocked up without money someone would have bought you a brew (thumbs)
Dave DRZ

Post by Dave DRZ »

On a minor point: Leeds isn't like the rest of Yorkshire, the rest of us don't like them either!

As others have said, even when green laning and traveling light I always carry some notes along with my card, usually inside a freezer bag to keep it all dry.

Dave
Far Off Places; a motorcycle adventure from Manchester to Manali www.faroffplaces.net
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

there is a minimum charge for a reason as they get charged for transactions, I refuse card payments in my business as I would either have to put my fee's up or cover the charges myself I choose to do neither

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
V_King

Post by V_King »

not having a fiver/tenner in a pocket is your problem, not squires. card charge service charge a considerable amount of money from small businesses and having a min sum makes a perfect sense. if you are so tight, there is a whole village just down the road.

on the other hand - if you were to run out of fuel and call AA - they will only accept cash and you could hug you plastic bit to warmth in bushes sleeping overnight.
""
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

shed wrote:I went out the other week round town for a few pints and one of the lads bought his own all night ,but used his card to buy a pint of £3.75 seven times so if that's the norm ,no wonder it takes ages to get served in a pub these days.
You should try getting a drink on a Fri/sat night at a wetherspoons, the queue is 3-4 deep people are buying food with cards, & the 10 strong group of kids stool in front of you are buying alchopops indevidually using a debit card.
Welcome to Yorkshire .......
nwmschris

Post by nwmschris »

anthony29040 wrote:
SteveW wrote:I never leave home without cash in my wallet, in fact I always have an emergency tenner stuffed into my inner jacket pocket.
I'd have treated you to a brew and a pasty.
+1 I never leave home to go on a ride without at least a tenner in cash and the plastic. (thumbs)[same tenner he carried for at least ten years
mancunian

Post by mancunian »

johnnyboxer wrote:You could have saved yourself some grief by calling at a cashpoint before arriving :)

Why go out with no cash?
Clearly your not a native Yorkshireman Johnny :laugh:
Milo Tighfield

Post by Milo Tighfield »

I don't suppose they had contact less payment then :woohoo:
devon john

Post by devon john »

Neil you silly old sod ,,,,,, carry cash ,,,, your not the queen????

i will buy you a pint at the Malvern IF you make it this year??

john
onslowe

Post by onslowe »

I have to say minimum spend on cards should be a tenner if only to stop people buggering about in pubs getting a bag of nuts on their cards whilst us real drinkers have to queue behind with cash in hand. I always carry some cash and keep £5 in change in each of my bike jackets as well as taking my wallet. No point fighting to keep the pound if we all just use cards, might as well have the rupee ! What if you fancy a brew at a roadside trailer coffee stop, they would not have a card reader.

Return to “TRAVEL”