RACES TO PLACES: Lyndon Poskitt's round the world ride

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Adventure Oz

RACES TO PLACES: Lyndon Poskitt's round the world ride

Post by Adventure Oz »

i couldn't see a thread about this so hopefully not duplicating anything. went to lyndon's talk in brisbane here in australia recently and what an amazing guy. apparently it wasn't going to be around the world originally, but he's seriously thinking about it now. with his aim of a race on each continent, he'd recently done our gruelling finke desert race. one of the guys asked him what was the hardest part of his trip so far and he said "just making the decision actually do it". thought this was a really good point, every now and then i think about doing an adventure ride for longer than a week but think "nah, too much bloody work". this guy has definitely got me rethinking that! http://www.lyndonposkittracing.com/2014 ... challenge/ first vid in the series (how does he get time to do this?!)
pinball1008

Re: RACES TO PLACES: Lyndon Poskitt's round the world ride

Post by pinball1008 »

It's certainly a good watch. Didn't realise he was going all the way round the world though.
Not all those wandering are lost
shed

Post by shed »

Started watching it yesterday,I'm now on series 4 absolutely brilliant (thumbs)
Adventure Oz

Post by Adventure Oz »

he said in the talk even the "100000 miles 50 countries" mentioned at the start wasn't even really part of the plan but just some nice rounded off numbers to throw around, it's quite cool how he's been very flexible with everything.

he reckons he'd need another two years to make it around the world and hasn't got bored yet so that's the tentative plan.

and i felt shagged after about eight hours on the bike yesterday. :sick:
KTMBLAG

Post by KTMBLAG »

I think it definitely takes a certain person to want to get on the bike day after day. I love riding my bike but to be going through extremes of weather and terrain for weeks on end think it would break me. Hats off to him it's been great watching his videos
Adventure Oz

Post by Adventure Oz »

yes i'm planning on watching the whole lot for some quality christmas time viewing. (thumbs)
shed

Post by shed »

Can't find series 5 on YouTube ?

Return to “TRAVEL”