Travelling in Spain , places to visit, trails to be done ? Anyone got any advice

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
garnett

Travelling in Spain , places to visit, trails to be done ? Anyone got any advice

Post by garnett »

Hi , I'm looking at going to Spain next year, I was wandering any advice
On places to visit etc and any trails to do etc
Mainly looking at starting in the Andorra area then few days through the mountains then across Spain
Your help would be appreciated
Many thanks
Gav
micksea

Re: Travelling in Spain , places to visit, trails to be done ? Anyone got any advice

Post by micksea »

Look for any thread with HISS in the title (thumbs)
gspod

Re: Travelling in Spain , places to visit, trails to be done ? Anyone got any advice

Post by gspod »

Simon will be along in a minute (thumbs)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

yeah give gummy a call oh sorry I meant Simon :blush: :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
shed

Post by shed »

Did Santander to Andorra a mixture of trails and road ,try haca to sort great roads and some great trails then enter Andorra via the smugglers trail starting in allens.
garnett

Post by garnett »

Many thanks will look at the map and do some planning :)
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

My limited experience is that Spain has so much to offer that you could pretty well put a pin in the map, go there and find something of interest. Everywhere joined up with great biking roads.
sven

Post by sven »

The Picos and old cities are fantastic (thumbs) Here's my ride report from 2013

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread ... -July-2013
Simon_100

Post by Simon_100 »

Hi there,
gspod wrote:Simon will be along in a minute (thumbs)
OMG am I that predictable D! (thumbs)
jackdaw wrote:My limited experience is that Spain has so much to offer that you could pretty well put a pin in the map, go there and find something of interest. Everywhere joined up with great biking roads.
That's not too bad a strategy at all; Spain is so varied - and so big! - that you could visit once a year for ten years and still feel you don't know 'Spain' - just chaeck to go to the different autonomous regions. You'll see all you need to know on my blog - but take special care with the different regulations for trail riding between the regions - many are closed to traffic entirely in the summer months in the (forlorn) hope of preventing forest fires. While there is a somewhat confusing array of nature reserves, national parks, etc. which have restrictions for access - but as a rule trails are easy to identify.
micksea wrote:Look for any thread with HISS in the title (thumbs)
Thanks for the Heads up Mick - there are two HISS Events in 2016: Aragon, near Teruel, May 23-27th and Catalonia, in the Pyrenees near Andorra, September 11-16th.
Redmurty wrote:yeah give gummy a call oh sorry I meant Simon :blush: :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Look out Captain Pugwash, I have a long memory and you won't have to worry about finding scorpions in your sleeping bag when we go to Morocco - I have a far more eclectic taste in creepy-crawly* torture techniques (thumbs)

Have a great tme Gav - and don't worry too much about the creepy-crawlies, snakes, etc. (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
* actually it's a Megarian Banded (Scolopendra cingulata)Centipede and you really do not want to find one on your sleeping bag, "Scolopendra cingulata is an opportunistic carnivore. It will attack and consume almost any animal that is not larger than itself. These include insects and small lizards" - would this include a one-eyed trouser snake Spud :whistle:
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
qcnr

Post by qcnr »

Look up Vibraction road books on the interweb. Loads of good trips available in
roadbook form with GPS coordinates. Ranging from a couple of days to a week. Mainly
in the Pyrenees and Andorra.

Return to “TRAVEL”