Forth Bridge

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
mark1150

Re: Forth Bridge

Post by mark1150 »

africajim wrote:As an SNP member I find your comment offensive and small minded. What exactly has the structure of the bridge built decades ago failing have to do with the SNP or the Scottish government? It will affect the economy while the bridge is out of action but Scotland will recover, it always has. Nobody is asking you for anything, far less sympathy.
This was not a political debate, simply someone commenting on the traffic issues caused by the bridge being closed to traffic.
I've not posted on this forum for a few months due to the petty bickering and it would appear it hasn't changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll fuck off back under my rock here in Scotland, thankfully soon to be independent from the UK.
I'll write my answer as simply as I can so that you can understand.
#1 The Scottish Government were involved the moment the economy was mentioned.
#2 It may have started with someone commenting on the closures, but it wasn't I who asked posters not to make smart arsed comments.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

To Moto Ale
I agree with the useage of the word ZEALOTS, as it adequately describes you and your compadres.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

africajim wrote:As an SNP member I find your comment offensive and small minded. What exactly has the structure of the bridge built decades ago failing have to do with the SNP or the Scottish government? It will affect the economy while the bridge is out of action but Scotland will recover, it always has. Nobody is asking you for anything, far less sympathy.
This was not a political debate, simply someone commenting on the traffic issues caused by the bridge being closed to traffic.
I've not posted on this forum for a few months due to the petty bickering and it would appear it hasn't changed. Thanks for reminding me, I'll fuck off back under my rock here in Scotland, thankfully soon to be independent from the UK.
The structure of the bridge may have nothing to do with the SNP but the way it's been (badly) handled is:

http://www.sundaypost.com/why-wasn-t-th ... s-1.914297

Which ever side of the fence you sit on, involving politics in this debate is wholly appropriate as the decisions made (or not made) about the bridge by Transport Scotland, who "deliver the Scottish Government's vision for transport", affects people's livelihoods and the money in their pockets due to the disruption that may/should have been predicted and acted upon earlier.
I've no idea how to add a signature.
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

moto al wrote:
. Don't leave Jim, 96% here are great guys .and can see other peoples point of view, on the forth bridge closure I was only pointing out about the effect on the SCOTTISH economy . Then the anti Scottish comments came in very sad. :evil:
So slagging off the SNP is 'anti-Scottish", Al?
Please explain more.
picos mestizo

Post by picos mestizo »

moto al wrote:
. Don't leave Jim, because of a very few very small minded zealots on the forum , 96% here are great guys .and can see other peoples point of view, on the forth bridge closure I was only pointing out about the effect on the SCOTTISH economy . Then the anti Scottish comments came in very sad. :evil:
Bad for the lads down south as well Al......we're having to drink Japanese Whiskey :sick:
Lightness is everything.

Lightness with Grunt is a Scratcher!

An Adventure is not a tank transfer.
moto al

Post by moto al »

image_2015-12-06.jpeg
image_2015-12-06.jpeg (38.67 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
moto al
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

IainD wrote:Africa John, don't be like that, most folk on here wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, so share out the bridges to show you care. (thumbs)
Sorry Ian - the "Piss off" comment was not aimed at Scotland it was for ANYONE who wanted our bridge. You know Yorkshiremen, we loathe anybody and will turn on each other if there's just two of us left and yer from the wrong side of the Pennines!
rlkat

Post by rlkat »

moto al wrote:
image_2015-12-06.jpeg
Thanks for your input, Al. Posting that let's me know at what level we should communicate with each other.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

This isn't a 'natural' disaster like a flood or a landslide, it's a man made one so while I feel sorry for anyone stuck in the traffic jams I think the home and business owners affected by flooding have got it a lot harder and the focus should be on them at the moment.

Does it really matter in the greater scheme of things if the train companies get a welcome boost and the East European truck drivers have to suffer a bit? No.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-35019021

Storms don't recognise national boundaries so 1,000 people in England and 600 in Scotland have been evacuated from their homes. There'll be a lot more of this over the winter and if the floods in Somerset are anything to go by anyone flooded out of their home faces more than an extended commute for a month or so.
IainD

Post by IainD »

Africa John wrote:
IainD wrote:Africa John, don't be like that, most folk on here wanted Scotland to stay in the UK, so share out the bridges to show you care. (thumbs)
Sorry Ian - the "Piss off" comment was not aimed at Scotland it was for ANYONE who wanted our bridge. You know Yorkshiremen, we loathe anybody and will turn on each other if there's just two of us left and yer from the wrong side of the Pennines!
I'm more annoyed that you can't spell Iain correctly :laugh:

No offence was taken, I expect, and give a bit of banter on here. It can get out of hands some times, but we are (usually) of equal blame for that.

Now get back and feed your ferrets (thumbs)

Return to “TRAVEL”