wimps I would of done it in flips flops and me under crackers :P

a small crack never hurt anyone :whistle:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
mark1150

Re: Forth Bridge

Post by mark1150 »

moto al wrote:This problem ,is going too have a very serious ,adverse problem too the Scottish economy . so please don't make smart ARSE comments . . Cheers Al. :evil:
Is this the same Scottish economy that the "Scottish independence mob" wanted all for themselves, and now want sympathy from the very people they wanted independence from?
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
moto al

Post by moto al »

mark1150 wrote:
moto al wrote:This problem ,is going too have a very serious ,adverse problem too the Scottish economy . so please don't make smart ARSE comments . . Cheers Al. :evil:
Is this the same Scottish economy that the "Scottish independence mob" wanted all for themselves, and now want sympathy from the very people they wanted independence from?
I find your comment racist, to the Scottish nation .And in the season of good will to all men.Ho Ho Ho .Al
moto al
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I posted this originally as a heads up for anyone who might be travelling in the area and it's turned into a slagging match which is no real surprise when you consider how small a number will actually go further than the nearest Starbucks until next summer.
moto al

Post by moto al »

AndyB wrote:I posted this originally as a heads up for anyone who might be travelling in the area and it's turned into a slagging match which is no real surprise when you consider how small a number will actually go further than the nearest Starbucks until next summer.
Jesus ,for once I'm agreeing with you . This going to cost the Scottish economy millions , and is not a laughing matter , as Iv posted before. I only hope they manage to repair the bridge as quickly as possible, today the weather is terrible in Scotland ,as it is in parts of England . .Al
moto al
felco

Post by felco »

Redmurty wrote:just use one of the other 3 FFS

cheers Spud ;)
Tea splattered laptop, :laugh:
Tramp

Post by Tramp »

When was the bridge last inspected then?

And dont bleet over spilled milk you dont see us southern softies moaning when they do major 12 mnths+ road works on M1 or m25 or m3 taking hours everyday to commute and the loss to the Uk thats united kingdom economy....

Surely its in the interest of public user safety....and why dont the scottish people apply to the european union for money to build a relief crossing...
Crossrutted

Post by Crossrutted »

IainD wrote:Like most bridges built in the mid 60's it was never designed to take anything like the traffic it is subjected to. No wonder it is ageing prematurely.

The unfortunate thing is that the replacement crossing, due to open end 2016 is the cheap version (as the existing bridge was to be kept open too). So I suspect we are heading for more trouble if the old bridge is only patched up. Cables are popping at an increased rate too...

What we need to do is get hold of the Humber Bridge and move it North. It goes from nowhere to Nowhere, so may be better used :whistle:
The Humber Bridge is too long for your piddly little stream! :lol: :lol:
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

The Humber Bridge would be no good because it's still a toll bridge and they did away with charges on the Forth Bridge a while ago.

That raises the question regarding whether the new Forth Bridge is going to be a toll one because I can't be bothered to google for the info but I've got a feeling all charges on bridges in Scotland have been scrapped? I wish they'd do that here but it's not going to happen.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

AndyB wrote:The Humber Bridge would be no good because it's still a toll bridge and they did away with charges on the Forth Bridge a while ago.

That raises the question regarding whether the new Forth Bridge is going to be a toll one because I can't be bothered to google for the info but I've got a feeling all charges on bridges in Scotland have been scrapped? I wish they'd do that here but it's not going to happen.
At least bikes don't pay for Dartford crossing (yet!) and now they have got rid of toll booths no traffic jams (thumbs)

Return to “TRAVEL”