Route ideas

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
SteveW

Re: Route ideas

Post by SteveW »

I would think you'd have to pretty much hug the Mediterranean Sea and avoid higher ground if you are staying in Europe in mid winter.
Nickhardcastle

Route ideas

Post by Nickhardcastle »

I'll be riding in Europe for a couple of weeks at the end of December. I'm collecting a R1200GS in Barcelona and then going to do a circular route. I'm looking for some suggestions for roads to ride. I usually ride in Saudi Arabia, so I'm looking forward to the cool weather, but would like to avoid riding on icy and snowy roads. All help appreciated! The phot is from my afternoon ride to Al Uqair oasis today. Only 37°C.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443723172.581074.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443723172.581074.jpg (96.06 KiB) Viewed 906 times

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Head south and stick to the coast. Morocco is a good idea.
AustinW

Route ideas

Post by AustinW »

SteveW wrote:I would think you'd have to pretty much hug the Mediterranean Sea and avoid higher ground if you are staying in Europe in mid winter.
...... Or go to morocco, although the Atlas Mountains get a lot of snow.

Sent from my iPhone with a smile :)
Fordy

Post by Fordy »

I went to Spain/Portugal in September last year and was hit by constant thunderstorms and flash flooding that killed 10 in the week I was there. My friend went the previous December and he had fantastic weather. So plan on a coastal route where it will be warmer, but head in and up as the weather allows. Follow the forecast and then check out This guide to plan your routes.

Return to “TRAVEL”