Morocco April 2016

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Simon_100

Re: Morocco April 2016

Post by Simon_100 »

All good points above but cheer up Al - we were in La Pobla today and the Bar Pirineus is reopening - although I think under new ownership so the lovely Ingrid won't be in attendance :( - but should you want to hole up here there's a corner of the bar wating just for you old chum. (thumbs) (thumbs) (thumbs)

Regs

Simon
Be sure to visit www.thespanishbiker.com the invaluable guide to motorcycling in Spain - plus guided rides, HISS Events* and off road touring support service

*Highly Informal Sojourns in Spain
herman

Post by herman »

Your doc has probably been reading too much from the foreign office which would have us safely sat at home. Just go mate but plenty of planning and safety nets to keep the family reassured that if anything happens then you are covered. Go armed with contact details and info, plenty on here, hubb, adv, etc that can help. :)
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

ChasF wrote:you must have repatriation insurance which you will be able to get although it may be costly.
Many don't cover pre-existing conditions, even if they're stable and under control. :(
moto al

Post by moto al »

Thanks for your support . I'm still caught in a quandary. Cheers Al
moto al
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

moto al wrote:Thanks for your support . I'm still caught in a quandary. Cheers Al
Live YOUR life mate

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

It's difficult to comment when we don't know how 'Life Threatening' your conditions are but the important people, that do know the full situation, should sit down and be honest with each other. Until you have made a decision there is no point pricing up insurance.

We had difficult conversations with both our Dads about their options and choices of care at critical times which, now they have passed on, has helped us come to terms with things because we could understand and respect their wishes. The important thing was that we talked.
My Wife (51) has low blood pressure and a leaking heart valve which in daily life is controlled. She is a nurse and can be quiet dismissive about it but this October, when 6 hours in to a 12 hour flight, she passed out with a very faint pulse and had to go on oxygen. We had discussed any problems prior to going and only booked 3 weeks before departure to make sure she was ok but for me it was still a very frightening situation.

So whether your conditions are minor or major your Doctor shouldn't tell you what to do but he should give you all the information to allow you to discuss it with the important people who could be affected should anything happen.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
ChasF

Post by ChasF »

Tonibe63 wrote:It's difficult to comment when we don't know how 'Life Threatening' your conditions are..............whether your conditions are minor or major your Doctor shouldn't tell you what to do but he should give you all the information to allow you to discuss it with the important people who could be affected should anything happen.
+1
ReaperX

Post by ReaperX »

I would love ot come Al but I have my 2016 already plan for me, so perhaps next time around.
Hope you have a great tour, the map and the route seems a good one (thumbs)

Keep us posted though love all you got to say, as Morroco is somewhere I want to go and visit.
Cheers Miq
ZX Raziel

Post by ZX Raziel »

You might bump in to some new twin sisters over there ( AT ) . (thumbs)
nuttynick

Post by nuttynick »

I don't know, or need to know, your medical condition. But if it's controlled by medicines, and riding the bike around Morocco won't have a detrimental affect on your health then go for it!

My parents saved their who lives for retirement. They had plans to travel Europe, at a very leisurely pace, they even bought a nice motorhome for the journey. However, six months prior to retirement my mum was diagnosed with cancer, four months later she was dead.

One thing she told me was that life can always throw you a swerve ball, instead of planning her trip, she planned her funeral. But the best bit of advice she gave me, and one I'll pass on, is if you have enough money to pay the bills, spend the rest enjoying yourself!

If you are fit enough to ride now, then do it! No point sitting in a chair a couple of years from now wishing you'd done it! Life really is too short, so enjoy it while you can! :-)

Return to “TRAVEL”