Some is taking the urine?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Scott_rider

Re: Some is taking the urine?

Post by Scott_rider »

About 100 yards from the 'Ibis' in Le Mans is the 'Mercure Le Mans Centre'. That's a nice hotel with an underground car park and a good breakfast. About £60+, if your looking for an alternative 3 star hotel? (There are two Mercures in Le Mans, the other one is on the outskirts so not to be confused with this one).

Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
SteveW

Post by SteveW »

Let's just get over ourselves shall we. Let's stop pretending we're hardcore two-wheeled rebels.
We're mostly all middle management, Christ.....some of us play Golf!
Ditch the bloody tent, leave the flee-pits to the students and pay-up for a decent hotel :whistle:
sidestand

Post by sidestand »

Try the Best Western - Royal Beach Hotel in Southsea
Only cost me £59 for a double room with breakfast included earlier this week.
On the seafront next to the pier & secure parking at the rear (thumbs)
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Do you need to stay in Portsmouth itself?

If not, have a look for hotels and B&Bs 20 or 30 miles away.
You'll probably find somewhere cheaper, better and with better security if it's a small village location. (thumbs)

That's what we do. :cheer:
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Me and a couple of mates are going touring at the end of the month and even though going abroad means more miles so more petrol money and the tunnel crossing the difference in hotel costs means it could actually work out about the same.
This is what I found out when I went to France in may. The hotels cost me between £30-40 all en suite with one even being on the Promenade de Anglais in Nice with a sea view. When I toured England and Scotland the year before a b&b was costing me 50 quid and a proper hotel even more.
It sometimes pays to go abroad.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
Beam me up

Post by Beam me up »

We are benefiting from the good exchange rate at the moment plus hotels in the UK have always been expensive. IBIS budget is fine if it's just a place to kip but I always like to find the quirky places even if they're a bit more expensive - stayed in a chateau on the Loire booked at the last minute on my phone via bookings.com for about £80 whereas a not very interesting best Western in Hove was £175 the other day.
1988 K100RT

Various small, smokey 2 stroke trail bikes
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

OnHellas wrote:Do you need to stay in Portsmouth itself?

You'll probably find somewhere cheaper, better and with better security if it's a small village location. (thumbs)

The area surrounding Portsmouth is the South Down National Park area , with lots of posh villages and prices to match..Plenty of cheap hotels in the city itself...As above, the Best western is a nicel location and better price than the Ibis which is very close to the City Centre and Gunwharf..there is a Holiday Inn on the outskirts and a Holiday Inn express at Gunwharf which does some good deals ( but maybe not at this time of year....)
HarveyCamm

Post by HarveyCamm »

SteveW wrote:Let's just get over ourselves shall we. Let's stop pretending we're hardcore two-wheeled rebels.
We're mostly all middle management, Christ.....some of us play Golf!
Ditch the bloody tent, leave the flee-pits to the students and pay-up for a decent hotel :whistle:

We need names - let's root out this golfing menace in our midst :woohoo: :unsure: I thought this was a safe place :whistle:
I think I need a G&T to calm my nerves now
Harv
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

Gedge wrote:

The area surrounding Portsmouth is the South Down National Park area , with lots of posh villages and prices to match..Plenty of cheap hotels in the city itself...As above, the Best western is a nicel location and better price than the Ibis which is very close to the City Centre and Gunwharf..there is a Holiday Inn on the outskirts and a Holiday Inn express at Gunwharf which does some good deals ( but maybe not at this time of year....)
Metro Inn near Liphook, £35 on Booking.com. Lip hook isn't 'posh' is it? :whistle:
Gedge

Post by Gedge »

OnHellas wrote:
Gedge wrote:

Metro Inn near Liphook, £35 on Booking.com. Lip hook isn't 'posh' is it? :whistle:
Well that place certainly isnt... Its the old travelodge...too crap to be kept on their books..I think I would wear the cost of the Best Western

Return to “TRAVEL”