Romania and the Carpathian mountains

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
micksea

Re: Romania and the Carpathian mountains

Post by micksea »

oh well,could"ve been worse i suppose :laugh: :laugh: (thumbs) (thumbs) its funny how we as a species forget the pain and do the same things that got us smashed up.anyway,if you"ve finished whinging....how long does it take to drive to bulgaria from say zeebrugge and do you do any trail guiding? i wouldn"t mind doing a bit off road in romania and bulgaria
CBSTD

Post by CBSTD »

micksea wrote:oh well,could"ve been worse i suppose :laugh: :laugh: (thumbs) (thumbs) its funny how we as a species forget the pain and do the same things that got us smashed up.anyway,if you"ve finished whinging....how long does it take to drive to bulgaria from say zeebrugge and do you do any trail guiding? i wouldn"t mind doing a bit off road in romania and bulgaria
Used to take 18 hours to get to Brebu Nou from Ijmuden constant driving but the roads are much improved dual carriageway all the way there but well worth the effort you won't regret it
Me karma ranover me dogma
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

micksea wrote:oh well,could"ve been worse i suppose :laugh: :laugh: (thumbs) (thumbs) its funny how we as a species forget the pain and do the same things that got us smashed up.anyway,if you"ve finished whinging....how long does it take to drive to bulgaria from say zeebrugge and do you do any trail guiding? i wouldn"t mind doing a bit off road in romania and bulgaria
It will take about 24 hours (riding) to get to my place, 3 or 4 less to the Bulgarian boarder. I normally travel through northern Germany then Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Serbia. (motorway for all but the last 150 km in Serbia and most of Bulgaria. My place is 9 km from Elena, more or less in the centre of the country.
Yes I guide trail riders on Adventure bikes or trail bikes. I am guiding a British guy on a challenging tour doing the complete Stara Palania ridge line at the end of August.
micksea

Post by micksea »

Sounds good,I would be looking at bringing a van or 7-5tonner with several bikes and kit,maybe organized on this forum.if you get some spare time could you let me know about accomadation etc.in your area.I would be bringing a lightweight bike myself,possibly for spring time next year....thanks,mick
Road2Manchester

Post by Road2Manchester »

t been advertised on facebook/ChunkyTreadMotorcycleAdventureClk

https://www.facebook.com/Ptryka13
cam to gif

If you ride like the wind, expect to get blown away. One lifetime is all we get use it wisely this ain;t no practise.
captinktm

Post by captinktm »

micksea wrote:Sounds good,I would be looking at bringing a van or 7-5tonner with several bikes and kit,maybe organized on this forum.if you get some spare time could you let me know about accomadation etc.in your area.I would be bringing a lightweight bike myself,possibly for spring time next year....thanks,mick
Ok there is plenty of accommodation everywhere but we have found that the guess houses and hotels are ..........not really very good. So we use a pension, (sleeps 11)here in our own village (Rebrevtsi) and my wife Dawn caters, this way everyone goes home having ridden great trails and fatter.It works out very cheap, about 500 euro for the hire for the pension and of course the food is what ever you want. But if the guys would prefer a hotel as I said there are many. most charge about 25 euro per night BB.
I have driven from the uk a few times twice in a ten tonner and it normally took about 2 and half days with just me driving.

I have made a few vids which can be found at captinktm on youtube.

Return to “TRAVEL”