Vignette Eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria)

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
rodyorkabr

Re: Vignette Eastern Europe (Romania, Bulgaria)

Post by rodyorkabr »

Romania & Bulgaria in this episode...no Vignettes...or money...or passport!

[video][/video]
SAILOR BROWN

Post by SAILOR BROWN »

Re. vignette , more and more countries are beginning to use it. I was warned in Austria and Slovenia that police are using hand held scanners to detect dodgers. Fine is E300. Sure enough down the road they were waiting and scanning. Its annoying but at e4 you pays your money. Ride safe.out there.
DaleC

Post by DaleC »

SAILOR BROWN wrote:Re. vignette , more and more countries are beginning to use it. I was warned in Austria and Slovenia that police are using hand held scanners to detect dodgers. Fine is E300. Sure enough down the road they were waiting and scanning. Its annoying but at e4 you pays your money. Ride safe.out there.
In Austria, they have permanently fixed Vignette cameras on the autobahns from which friends in rental cars have been caught and fined for either not buying a vignette or, in one case, simply forgetting to apply it to the windscreen.

Most motorcyclists here that I know affix the vignette to the upper part of the fork, so I am guessing that the camera will not detect a pass/fail for a motorcycle. Not that I am suggesting that you should try. :whistle:

I am yet to hear of the handheld scanner.....

However, the police regularly close the autobahn near me at night and check vehicles passing through as well as conducting spot checks at autobahn entry and exit ramps.

For the price of a vignette in Austria, it's a no brainer to buy should you require an autobahn (€5 for 10 days). That said, the back roads are so much better that I am yet to buy one for a motorcycle (thumbs)

As noted elsewhere, Germany will have a vignette system in 2016.
Keyboard Adventurer! :D
SAILOR BROWN

Post by SAILOR BROWN »

Thanks for that , back roads are fine if your touring around and you know you won,t stray near an autobahn . As is usual somebody somewhere will enforce the rules . Cest la vie.

Return to “TRAVEL”