Bike insurance in Morocco

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
triumph

Bike insurance in Morocco

Post by triumph »

Hi there all, does anyone know of an insurance company in the UK that will give you bike cover valid for ,say 6 weeks, in Morocco. Someone told me they got cover thru Carole Nash but I've been with them for years and they wouldn't entertain it.
david

Re: Bike insurance in Morocco

Post by david »

Buy it at the Border.
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

david wrote:Buy it at the Border.
+1 (thumbs)

Its dead easy there is a little porta cabin at the boarder and they do everything for you. :)
jackdaw

Post by jackdaw »

+2 I think I paid 950dm for a month at the border. Kiosk is just after you clear immigration at Tangier Med.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

strange ive been three times and carol nash was no problem fully comp around 32 quid for three weeks ..and a green card too ..but no breakdown revovery

maby is the type of bike ??

tangier med is the port to go for ..you can get insurance there but its third party only around 50 euros for two weeks ...if you go via cuata there is no insurance available on the border gate ..you have to go into the big town s

pm tim cullis he is the marroc guru ..thres not much he wont know about marroc
with a bit of luck he will pop up on this thread (thumbs)
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
whitewidow

Post by whitewidow »

minkyhead wrote:strange ive been three times and carol nash was no problem fully comp around 32 quid for three weeks ..and a green card too ..but no breakdown revovery

maby is the type of bike ??

tangier med is the port to go for ..you can get insurance there but its third party only around 50 euros for two weeks ...if you go via cuata there is no insurance available on the border gate ..you have to go into the big town s
Used to be able to buy at Ceuta how long has that been stopped ? n what happens if you arrive there without cover now ?
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

i went in 2010 via cuata and there was no insurance for stan ..we ended up in tetuan ithink to get it..there was no problem getting through but you have to pay the gophers 10 euros at cuata otherwise you will have a long wait

one cockney guy was pretty verbal in the que about not paying ...and guess what when he went to the window with his papers one of the digits in his passpoert was written in wrong by the guy at the 1st booth ....mmmmm :S ....so he had to start again ..its best to pay the gophers otherwise they spike the system .....non of this at tangiers pretty quick both times 45mins ish plus they deffo have or had insurance to buy
whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

There is an insurance office just outside the exit gate at Fnideq (ceuta). Just turn right after the gate, it's next to the exchange place. Been open for 3 years.

3rd party insurance is mandatory for morocco. If you don't have a green card you need to buy it as soon as you get there. Have an incident without insurance in which a local is hurt and they will put you in jail until the situation is sorted. Seen that happen twice.

Return to “TRAVEL”