Landrover

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
fullerton

Landrover

Post by fullerton »

Just been on the Hubb and a guy is complaining about reliability on his land rover trip from Dubai to Uk and his problem was his door handle fell and a door lock froze oh and his wife got a draft through the door, i nearly laughed my cock off.

If you are feeling depressed have a look at some of the posts over their.

steve
AndyB

Re: Landrover

Post by AndyB »

For every genuine person who'll just get on with things and take it as being part of the trip you'll always get at least 5 who'll whinge like a child about the hardships but that makes it all the more entertaining for those that just deal with it. Life would be boring if it was easy :laugh:
Dutchgit

Post by Dutchgit »

People buy a Land Rover (Defender) as they think it's a really cool car. Well, it isn't. It's a really cool tool that can get you places.
It'll end in tears I tells ya.
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

I was at the HUBB rally thing this summer...what i wasn't expecting was social status depending upon if you had a defender or not.

It wasn't just me as others have mentioned it as well. If you were in a 4x4 at it wasn't a defender then you were not on the top rung of the RTW car traveller.

Oh and they all love there tents on the top that fold down over the back..looked like a real faf to me.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

I quite fancy a LR Defender
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

Mike101 wrote:I was at the HUBB rally thing this summer...what i wasn't expecting was social status depending upon if you had a defender or not.

It wasn't just me as others have mentioned it as well. If you were in a 4x4 at it wasn't a defender then you were not on the top rung of the RTW car traveller.

Oh and they all love there tents on the top that fold down over the back..looked like a real faf to me.

Mike
mike where were you camped at the Hubb there was a guy camped with an xt660 just next to us...roof tents are great very practical camp anywhere loads of room great for keeping you out the muck/sand or flooded road

cheers
Mike101

Post by Mike101 »

Yes i was there...with another cople on a F650GS and a GSXR650. I was in the very top field.

Mike
And the beast shall be huge and black, and the eyes thereof red with the blood of living creatures, and the whore of Babylon shall ride forth on a three-headed serpent, and throughout the lands, there'll be a great rubbing of parts
Mike54

Post by Mike54 »

The defender is a great vehicle for the UK. Not so great in deserts etc (wheel bearings, bushes, track rod ends, poor door seals, harsh ride, little power). There's a reason why the predominant vehicle you see in Africa is a Landcruiser.
Sand Rover

Post by Sand Rover »

yeh mike is right the Landcruiser is a better vehicle for desert/africa travel, but most of us live in the uk are are lucky to get a 3 week holiday to any desert/africa in any one year ... they are great all round vehicles but i do think you have to be into land rovers to put up with them
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Sand Rover wrote: ... they are great all round vehicles but i do think you have to be into land rovers to put up with them
Are they a bit like BMW GS's

Are they that bad?
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like

Return to “TRAVEL”