Morocco in August and mid life crisis

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Lolo

Re: Morocco in August and mid life crisis

Post by Lolo »

crofty wrote:Well done you for having a great time in August and coping with the heat.
Previously I have just soaked my buff in water and put it round my neck, do you think these neck tie things are a lot better ?
Soaking your neck tie is a great idea but I found anywhere above 30 degrees C and its dry in 10 minutes. And finding ice cubes when you camping can be tricky :)

The neck tie stays cold and wet for over two/ three hours and they are really cheap.

rodyorkabr

Post by rodyorkabr »

thats excellent- what route did you take in Morocco?
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

Not too sure :blush: no SAT NAV ( for Morocco) and couldn't be bothered to get the maps out most days. Just sort of head in the rough direction we wanted to go, have a compass on the bike. The road signs are in at least two languages so easy to follow. Did get lost down dead ends a lot :whistle:

We went to Casablanca, Fes, Marrakesh, meknes and Rabat. :) which ever road took our fancy :)

sped across France but not on the motorway (tolls expensive). Spent a little time in the Pyranees. Lots of back roads through Spain. Morocco was half main roads half back roads. Popped into Gibraltar then across to Portugal which was through all the small villages. Camped everywhere except Morocco and 1 small hotel in France (couldn't find a camp-site that night) Went home via motorways really expensive) due to partner being really ill after the antibiotics had a reaction, after his hand was sewn up. It was very difficult for him to ride.

Return to “TRAVEL”