Morons, spoil wild camping

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
moto al

Morons, spoil wild camping

Post by moto al »

Hi this makes my blood boil, in the independent today ,and I'm going there on monday :evil: n
image_2014-07-19-4.jpg
image_2014-07-19-4.jpg (119.73 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
image_2014-07-19-5.jpg
image_2014-07-19-5.jpg (106.02 KiB) Viewed 2233 times
moto al
ZX Raziel

Re: Morons, spoil wild camping

Post by ZX Raziel »

Low life , they cannot help themselfs its in the DNA . :(
bowber

Post by bowber »

And their complaining about wild campers, did you see the mess 007 made of the spot?! Crashed helicopters, bullet cases, dead bodies and blew up a historic building!

Seriously though it beggars belief what some people find it acceptable to leave behind, I've seen camp sites in the woods and on fell land just left with everything they didn't want including wrecked tents, cookers, pan sets, even bedding.

Steve
bowber

Post by bowber »

Mind you, to balance it you don't get to see what the responsible people leave because they leave nothing.

Steve
davsato

Post by davsato »

A lot of favourite campsites are being wrecked, its the flip side of "right to roam". I've been all over Europe and this country definately has the biggest " I'm alright jack" attitude, or as a Canadian friend put it, we're internationally known for "[c word]culture"
Dave
Selous

Post by Selous »

Well unfortunatly, I was at Mc donalds a family next to me noshing on feed the husband & wife where about 35-45 with 3 kids in the back I went in got a wet had it came out & they had left there wast on the floor next to where they where parked, it was not there when
I went in!!!
now makes my blood boil as the bin was all of 20 yds a way.
it shows the kids not to put in the bin really not that hard to walk 20 yds it is & kids would of learnt a valabule lesson

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
appleby

Post by appleby »

You never seem to find any discarded Hillebergs knocking around festival sites, just cheap shite from a throwaway society with a "fuck it" mentality.
daytona-supersport

Post by daytona-supersport »

Sorry to say it, but there are great numbers of selfish ignorant pigs about. I passed a few NEW AGE, travellers on a country road about an hour ago. They are just making a flipping mess for the local council to clear up when they move on. Selfish bastards.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

We found a place on Mull which had fire pits and even Barbeque barrels set up and the place was spotless. The other places we stayed (South Hebrides) were not set up for wild camping although there was evidence of previous visitors because of the fire pits but again no litter or anything.
So there are responsible campers out there and obviously we left it as we found it ready for the next people ;) .
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
Elle

Post by Elle »

Disgraceful :angry:
I once read a story about the rubbish left on Ben Nevis & how it takes an army of people every year to fill the black bags and carry the crap back down the mountain.

What I find hilarious (not) about people is that they would watch a documentary about the slums in India or Africa and be the first to complain about the mountain of shite those folk live in. Then be quite happy to throw their takeaway cartons into the countryside & leave dog shit in the street. It costs councils thousands per year just to remove chewing gum from pavements!

If the UK didn't have bins to put stuff in & an infrastructure to collect then dispose of our crap on a regular basis, the UK would also look like a giant tip:
"The amount of waste produced in the UK in nine months – would fill Lake Windermere"
http://www.cheaperwaste.co.uk/interesti ... ral-waste/
living an ordinary life in a non-ordinary way

Return to “TRAVEL”