Can you tour on a naked bike?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Boo Cock

Re: Can you tour on a naked bike?

Post by Boo Cock »

You still didn't say if you wanted a picture of me naked on my bike!
Neil M

Post by Neil M »

I rode down to Milau & back in 4 days on my Speed Triple. No problem. Obviously best to avoid motorways, which is always preferable anyway. If your used to riding a naked, then your neck muscles etc will be strong anyway.
Just get on and ride:)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Boo Cock wrote:You still didn't say if you wanted a picture of me naked on my bike!
Dare you in fact double dare you :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Boo Cock

Post by Boo Cock »

Redmurty wrote:
Boo Cock wrote:You still didn't say if you wanted a picture of me naked on my bike!
Dare you in fact double dare you :pinch:

cheers Spud ;)
I will if you will. ...............................No I won't
chico

Post by chico »

I rode for 25 years on bikes when they were all "naked".....so why not make use of modern bikes with a screen, its not an issue of being wimpy, or not "real" riding, and no need to go to the other extreme either and be totally cocooned from the riding experience, a medium screen just takes 50% of the worst out of it that's all.
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Well to be fair I was expecting some abuse....However, the ride to France was OK, it was at night I felt rough as arseholes. Think I was a tad dehydrated but the rest of the week has been fine so far except for the terrible weather and floods....but that's another story.
So to answer my own question, yes you can but next time will be with a fly screen to make the motorways more enjoyable.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
92kk k100lt 193214

Post by 92kk k100lt 193214 »

SteveR wrote:Fly screen for around 50 quid off ebay . Airblade Universal will make for an easier, more pleasant trip? :-)
Point well noted.....the fly screen is a basic essential for any kind of travelling if you are doing higher speeds.
1992 K100LT June 2010 110,000 miles
1984 K100RT July 2013 36,000 miles, 90,000
1983 K100RS Nov 2018 29,000 miles, 58,600 miles
1996 K1100LT Oct 2020 37,990 miles, 48,990 miles
1984 K100 Sprint March 2023 58,000 miles, 62,000 miles
chico

Post by chico »

waynecoluk wrote:Well to be fair I was expecting some abuse....However, the ride to France was OK, it was at night I felt rough as arseholes. Think I was a tad dehydrated but the rest of the week has been fine so far except for the terrible weather and floods....but that's another story.
So to answer my own question, yes you can but next time will be with a fly screen to make the motorways more enjoyable.

RR....pics....?? :)
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

waynecoluk wrote:Well to be fair I was expecting some abuse....However, the ride to France was OK, it was at night I felt rough as arseholes. Think I was a tad dehydrated but the rest of the week has been fine so far except for the terrible weather and floods....but that's another story.
There you go mate, yes you can tour on a naked, but would you want to ?

As my old man used to say......

Why stand when you can sit, why sit when you can lie

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Well guys as someone who has a naked and an adventure style bike I personally won't tour again on the naked. Everyone can call me a wimp, not a proper biker....oh wait they have already done that....anyway, after riding from the black forest to Belgium today in the persistent, non stop heavy rain on motorways and back roads for nearly 9 hours I know which one I'll be using for touring in the future.
And strangely enough everyone who we met this week has either been on a full blown tourer or ADV style bike.
I think that speaks for itself..
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple

Return to “TRAVEL”