Weather!!!!!! FFS!

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
waynecoluk

Weather!!!!!! FFS!

Post by waynecoluk »

Meant to be going to Scotland tomorrow for a week long tour, however......I've been checking the weather and it says pretty much not stop rain for the next 10 days or so in Scotland.
I have checked Wales and the south coast of England but that is the same! I've even checked France, Germany, Belgium and Holland and it's peeing down everywhere for the next week.If I want any sort of decent weather I will have to head for the south of France.
Unfortunately we have had to cancel as I don't mind the odd shower here and there but this is constant. Gutted, been looking forward to this force last few months. My roll bag is even packed......what a bar steward........
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
bimota

Re: Weather!!!!!! FFS!

Post by bimota »

me and my wife 2 bikes,
are going to IRELAND sunday for 9 days to see the NORTH WEST 200

bloody same thing :( :(

rob
waynecoluk

Post by waynecoluk »

Yep, I checked Northern Ireland and Ireland and it's the same......gutted
Good luck with visit hope it brightens up for you guys.
2016 BMW 1200GSA

2013 Triumph Street Triple
bimota

Post by bimota »

yep,
where booked on the ferry fishguard sunday then doing south coast and west coast up to portrush been looking forward to this like you for months.

just hope its not a complete wet week

rob
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

How about a last minute flight down to Spain and then hire a cheap bike just for a few days?

(completely feeling your pain: I'm due to pick up a non-running bike on Sunday but have to push it home for about two miles, quite a lot uphill, and loads of rain again!!)
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
corbine

Post by corbine »

wayne- you could always try thompson and others (evil one) to fly to agadir/marrakesh on the cheap-then hire some off road bikes via various companies in morocco.
i managed to get last minute deals via both ryan and thompson 3-4 years ago for less than £100 return- its cheap to stay in maroc-theres people like Olivier who run off road short tours. think bikes are provided. if hes booked he will probably know of others-
fly ride bike provided and great sunshine potentially?
just a thought of course
link
https://www.facebook.com/MarrakechEndur ... ts&fref=ts
corbine

Post by corbine »

godspeed-another good idea-check flight to malaga-isnt there a couple of bike hire companies based around there that are also posters on this forum?
skipper

Post by skipper »

I had the reverse problem a few years ago. I was going into europe, checking the weather the day before it was rain for days, while sunshine was all over the scotland weather map, the ferry crossing to france was only £11 so was no great loss and scotland it was. beautiful in the sun but a miserable place in the rain. Follow the sun head for the Med.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Not long ago I did a 10 day tour in Scotland and the only day I had which was dry was the day I went home, I had a great time and the mountains look stunning drifting in and out of the clouds/rain.
It did cost me a little more money as I went the B and B route instead of camping but hey ho, a couple of places even did a deal as I looked like a drown rat most of the time.
My wet weather skills went up many fold and I met some great people who would stop and ask what the hell I was doing :whistle:
Good kit is all that's required and a sense of humour

Go for it and enjoy (thumbs)

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/ ... radar.html

Sunshine and showers on the east by the looks of things, ie changeable and / or they're not sure what's going to happen. What's the betting if the OP heads south, so will the rain, but if they head north the paving flags will be becoming cracked in Scotland :cheer:

Still IF it does rain, it will help reduce the midges problem.

Return to “TRAVEL”