BARRA

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
tetley

Re: BARRA

Post by tetley »

Wild camping on Vatersay ( small island attached to Barra by causeway) reccomended. About 10 mins from the ferry terminal. Loo available in the village hall. Check it out on Google earth.

C
Brads

Post by Brads »

Get an Island hopper, leave Oban for Barra, then work your way up to Stornaway, then head back over to Ullapool

I did this a couple of years ago. Barra was Beautiful, as was Harris, and everywhere else really. It was an amazing trip
Round the world ???

Round the bend more like !
HAMMERHEAD

Post by HAMMERHEAD »

Thanks for your in-put and recommendations fellas.. Sorry for late reply, I been rather busy.
Im determind to get up there sometime this year so putting feelers out and doing my homework first. It'll probably be around August/September mark (later than I wanted to really) but i have to find out about thos pesky dive bombers and whats the quietest period for booking the ferry.
thanks again chaps.
regards Shaun.
davem

BARRA

Post by davem »

It will be really quiet if late August into Sept. I camped on Vatersay and rode all the way up to Lewis around the same time. Very few bikes around and often only a couple of vehicles on the ferries between the islands. The Western Isles are a great place to visit. Loads of good spots to camp. The beaches on Harris are spectacular. The midges should be past their worst by then also.

Return to “TRAVEL”