Getting Ready for Malta

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Lairyskippy

Getting Ready for Malta

Post by Lairyskippy »

Got a trip to the sunny island planned for this June for a mate's wedding. All travel plans now sorted and just waiting the arrival of some new tyres for the 990.

Bought some Mefo Explorers as although most of the trip down will be on tarmac (can't afford to miss the wedding!)we plan to do as many trails as possible on the way back. Tyres should be a good compromise so it'll be interesting to see how they last.

On that note, just a quick plug for a company called Zen Overland based down in Somerset. Top bloke runs it called Gabriel, he couldn't have been more helpful so if you need 'adventure' stuff I'd recommend the company (p.s. it's nothing to do with me, just has brilliant service and I thought you'd like to know!)
Mr Dean

Re: Getting Ready for Malta

Post by Mr Dean »

Lairyskippy wrote:Got a trip to the sunny island planned for this June for a mate's wedding. All travel plans now sorted and just waiting the arrival of some new tyres for the 990.

Bought some Mefo Explorers as although most of the trip down will be on tarmac (can't afford to miss the wedding!)we plan to do as many trails as possible on the way back. Tyres should be a good compromise so it'll be interesting to see how they last.

On that note, just a quick plug for a company called Zen Overland based down in Somerset. Top bloke runs it called Gabriel, he couldn't have been more helpful so if you need 'adventure' stuff I'd recommend the company (p.s. it's nothing to do with me, just has brilliant service and I thought you'd like to know!)
Sounds like a great trip planned, and a mates wedding to boot.........

I like the look of the Mefo Explorers, Have you used them before? do you think they are better than TKC's ? (thats my tyre for my Wires unless i find a better choice or change my mind!)

As regards getting a good helpfull service. In my view sing up and loud and plug away (I will) :) :) :) and if it bad Moan loud :) :)
I like it here [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm enjoying the BMW F800GS :-) (The Grey one) B) :-)

Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Haven't tried them before so it's a bit of a punt! As for TKC's used them on my Tenere and thet were very good but I actually preferred the Mitas Dakar 09s which I used to go to Italy last year, doing loads of trails there and back.

To be honest, if I were doing more trails on the Malta trip I would have gone for something more dirt orientated that the Explorers but as it stands, they should be fine :)
Mr Dean

Post by Mr Dean »

Lairyskippy wrote:Haven't tried them before so it's a bit of a punt! As for TKC's used them on my Tenere and thet were very good but I actually preferred the Mitas Dakar 09s which I used to go to Italy last year, doing loads of trails there and back.

To be honest, if I were doing more trails on the Malta trip I would have gone for something more dirt orientated that the Explorers but as it stands, they should be fine :)
Thanks for the info.... its good to get another opinion... it will be a great trip B)
I like it here [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I'm enjoying the BMW F800GS :-) (The Grey one) B) :-)

cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

Lairyskippy wrote:Got a trip to the sunny island planned for this June for a mate's wedding. All travel plans now sorted and just waiting the arrival of some new tyres for the 990.

www.zenoverland.com ;)
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
Lairyskippy

Post by Lairyskippy »

Tyres and HD tubes turned up today......as I said BLOODY EXCELLENT SERVICE:woohoo:
scouse

Post by scouse »

Damn - no 17" Michelin HD tubes... but never mind lots of other interesting stuff there... hmmm ... :D
Gaffer tape is The Force! It has a light side and a dark side and holds the Universe together!

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth." - Steve McQueen

Return to “TRAVEL”