Dublin to Brasov Romania

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
dogman

Dublin to Brasov Romania

Post by dogman »

Will be heading to Brasov in early sept,,, Dublin- hollyhead- tunnel- Calais- Brasov. Has anyone done this trip before ? What to look out for of interest on the way. Good B&B's to lay ones head,,esp outside Calais for first night.
chopper

Re: Dublin to Brasov Romania

Post by chopper »

Hi try booking buddy.com. I got some good deals on cheap beds going down that way . Have a great trip .
jamie92j

Post by jamie92j »

What kind of route did you have in mind?

Cluj Napoca is a nice little town in northern Romania worth a stop in over night

Sighisoara is a great place just north of Brasov which is the home of Vlad Tepes (Dracula) and his castle

The transfagarian highway (top gear) is also meant to be lovely although never been myself!
everything is OK
Lolo

Post by Lolo »

jamie92j wrote:
Sighisoara is a great place just north of Brasov which is the home of Vlad Tepes (Dracula) and his castle

The transfagarian highway (top gear) is also meant to be lovely although never been myself!
Both of these are a must check the dates for the Transfăgărășan highway as it's only open for a couple of months generally due to the weather. Horrendous potholed roads ( enough to loose your front wheel in) Beautiful views though. If you get chance to travel through Hungry thats a nice place to go through. Although I don't usually visit capitals it has so much to do and is amazing. There is also a bikers camp in Budapest right in the middle of the city hidden away. I would not bother camping in Romania the hotels are cheaper than you pay to camp in France and Germany!!!! PM me if you want any more info although I wont be able to answer for a month as Im just off to Russia and then Nordkapp tomorrow (wahoooo) :laugh:

Return to “TRAVEL”