YHA accommodation and camping

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
barnhatter

Re: YHA accommodation and camping

Post by barnhatter »

Hi
Just had another look, must of only picked hostels with no pvt rooms when I opened up the facility box.
Could do with room info on the discription page ie single twin or more bedded rooms.
With the weather being so poor might try to use some hostels this year as camping in known rainy weather is nothing to look forward to.
Mul001

Post by Mul001 »

... still catchin up on old threads, not been on here for a few weeks.

There's the 5* like Oban with privte rooms (and dorms)and wee ones like Achmelvich with basically two small dorms and a kitchen sit down area.

Abroad they're now called IYHA International or just HI Hostelling International (they've dropped the Youth). HI is part of the web adress if I remember. Especially in Norway families stay in them for Hols as opposed to uber expensive hotels.

Last time I signed up 2 years ago you could no longer buy the Europe book in print form. Interweb is a poor substitute for a quick flick through compare / where am I / where's within easy reach tonight. Try doing that on top of Trollstigen pass with 0 bars on the old 3G :pinch:

The helpful lass at Tobermory (Mull) posted my Goretex back that I'd left behind. Top service which got a thanks to SYHA HQ.
cheers

Mul
Mike Wright

Post by Mike Wright »

Looks great i will have to add it to my list
Africa John

Post by Africa John »

Andy5520 wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:44 am There are quite a few questions about finding accommodation, campsites etc. here and abroad so I thought I'd give you some info (unashamed plug) about the charity I work for, the YHA.
Cheers Andy

I've joined on the back of this :)
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

At the risk of upsetting the original (6 yr old) poster, look also at the Scottish YHA. A lot cheaper to join, and you can still access all the English hostels. At least you could 2 years ago ;-)

Return to “TRAVEL”