Albania or Kosovo?

The black art of moving from A to B on foreign soil
Jak*

Albania or Kosovo?

Post by Jak* »

Hi, I am travelling down to the REOC rally in Greece with some mates in late May early June. We are all riding Meteor 350s and going down through France, Italy and then ferry across to Greece. We are looking at different routes on the way back and it looks like we either go through Kosovo or Albania. Any advice of places to visit or pitfalls to avoid in either country. One of my mates has a medical condition that requires him to email back to the UK every few days, is the internet okay in these countries? Thanks
minkyhead

Re: Albania or Kosovo?

Post by minkyhead »

been to both a few times best part for me was the route to theth very bumpy jeep tracks for half the route skitish surface and id allow 8 hours to getaround nice and steady you can take your time and stay in theth or set off an allow a full day to do the loop and there a re some hotels and a cafe i theth spectacular route though ..kosivo i didnt like so much spent a night accidently in a brothel ...wanted 80 euros till we told him we didnt want a happy ending and it were then 15
jewel in the crown for me was monternegro the national parks there will blow you away :o it is for me by far the most spectacular area out of the three countries to spend time in really is a fab place
honest base a few days around the monternego nationa; parks and you will be very happy i think ..internet is available in near all cafes and hotels the road into tigarna has around 500 petrol station its nuts ...albanians see oncoming motocycles as a overtake on main roads and they will swing out on you ..a lot no prisioners taken ..give way early cos they wont so be ready for them guys ..other than that its much the same as anywhere

https://www.montenegro.travel/en/unique ... montenegro

https://goo.gl/maps/wJDUku77wYc1eyMy6

durmitor monternegro

road to theth is a ribbon of tarmack

and then 40 miles of cart track

if you want to finish yer mate off compleatly theres a zip wire ride that goes accross by the bridge here 10 euros ......

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
Jak*

Post by Jak* »

Thanks for that Minky, useful info there.
mark vb

Post by mark vb »

I'll be interested to hear how you get on, Jak.... so please do post after you return! I say this as we (wife & I) plan to take our Africa Twin/Ural combo down to Greece in Sept/Oct. We haven't decided on the route, and will as ever probably just follow our noses and do what seems good at the time. One option is to overland it through one or other of the countries you mention.
The combo will now be with a CRF Africa Twin, which is replacing my faithful old XRV!
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Never been myself but spotted this on YouTube which might be of interest
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.
minkyhead

Post by minkyhead »

its a bit deceptive that video in so much he does the road section which climbs a long way to 439 in the video ..it looks like hes turned around and gone back down on the tar as thats where the tar surface end tbo missed the best bits out but he has some nice quality video shots of the area
i did a little video of the full loop that gives a better idea of the track that starts wher the tar ends if that helps ..you dont really need owt special tyres wise its just hardpack all the way

whats the wether forcast ..wheres me map
berin

Post by berin »

Bear in mind entering and exiting Kosovo from anywhere other than Albania may be tricky. If you enter Kosovo from another country you probably won’t be able to leave via Serbia, for example, and borders have been closed recently. No problem in and out via Albania.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “TRAVEL”