It was nice while it lasted, but it's all going Pete Tong, so so long!

Bikers and riding
mark1150

Post by mark1150 »

Well I see a member has received a ban, and for what I don't know, NOTHING that I've read has been half as offensive as some previous posts, but it appears that if your face don't fit you won't get along.
If you guy's want to know who was trying to keep him [East Coast] afloat it was me, but the system only allows 1 plus per six hours, so fighting a rising tide.
For the record IMHO a public warning would have been the way to go, a similar thing with the guy selling his wears through the forum.

It appears that some people don't like honest posts, but subversive awards of + K's seem to be perfectly acceptable? I've seen some bloomin good people getting positive K for decent posts, Mad Cow, Craig et al, and people rise at a meteoric rate for next to no input at approx 1 to 3 K's a day, the phrase standing on the shoulders of giants springs to mind.

Further, we have had posts locked because the spelling and grammar police have got their knickers in a twist, and things started turning nasty, and yet just this evening one OP hides behind reading difficulties for an inflammatory post, funny thing is that he can write replies to, and answer other posts with little or no difficulty what so ever.
I'm sad to say that this was a nice place to be, but even as early as this evening, on my last log in I was talking about the decline and my intended actions, if it got any worse, which was to call it a day.

Oh and for the record, those two people that I had fallen? out with, one was settled as far as I was concerned through PM; and the other on here defending a lads right to post a tyre question, I had never complained to a Mod, or awarded a Neg K to either of you... thus the little rant in the K poll, and mods etc have my permission to prove or disprove the same, if the parties are interested.

A big thanks to Alun, Em J, James, TT, LWR, and those of you who were making this forum home, and a nice place to be.
In the former I know it's sometimes been a difficult ride (pun definitly intended) , modding is difficult, time consuming, and thankless; and in the latter the mixture of advise and banter has been great, and to be honest I've met some great people through ABR, but I do wear my heart on my sleeve, and when I'm fed up I can't hide it.

So peeps happy trails, SSU.
The end of the road is the start of the fun

A bad day on the bike is still better than a good day at the office

DRZ 400

XR 400 R
BABY V

Re: It was nice while it lasted, but it's all going Pete Tong, so so long!

Post by BABY V »

Good luck ;) Sorry your leaving :(

Sit safe

Cheers Paul (Glasgow)
Selous

Post by Selous »

mark1150 wrote:Well I see a member has received a ban, and for what I don't know, NOTHING that I've read has been half as offensive as some previous posts, but it appears that if your face don't fit you won't get along.
If you guy's want to know who was trying to keep him [East Coast] afloat it was me,
I haven't seen anything about East Coast? if he been banned sorry to see it my self.
I bdont know the guy/girl, seemed ok to me
mark1150 wrote:this evening one OP hides behind reading difficulties for an inflammatory post, funny thing is that he can write replies to, and answer other posts with little or no difficulty what so ever.
Not sure if you mean me?
but for the record I wright in word chk spell, & if my GF there, or someone else go over with me before post, my main problem is the words jumble about & have problems with round letters, & explain what I want.

We are the Pilgrims, master; we shall go Always a little further: it may be Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow, Across that angry or that glimmering sea.

Artificers Masonic Motorcycle Association

http://www.amma-uk.com
gebrauchtwagen83

Post by gebrauchtwagen83 »

thats not good. All feels a bit tense at the moment!
special one

Post by special one »

Tbh, I don't know whats gone on but I've hardly been on here in the last week or so because I've noticed a negative undertone developing in some posts, an almost racist post about never trusting a Scotsman.

I hope this forum doesn't continue to turn this way.

I think some people on forums, not this one in particular, just get off being argumentative and writing inflammatory posts.
Current bikes...

2003 KTM 950 adventure in silvery blue...

2013 KTM 450 exc-f in orange /white

2007 Scorpa SY250 trials in blue.
GB

Post by GB »

Will speak to you later mate, it seems I've missed something, but gutted either way :( :(
Finally back on a GS :D
herman

Post by herman »

Nice flounce mate B) Good luck in all you do and safe riding. :(
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
cozmo1589

Post by cozmo1589 »

special one wrote:Tbh, I don't know whats gone on but I've hardly been on here in the last week or so because I've noticed a negative undertone developing in some posts, an almost racist post about never trusting a Scotsman.

I hope this forum doesn't continue to turn this way.

I think some people on forums, not this one in particular, just get off being argumentative and writing inflammatory posts.
Well i've missed all the excitement it would appear however relative anonymity mixed with the internet makes people act and say things they wouldn't normally say in day to day life or in a face to face situation, For instance who recalls the Matt Lucas Twitter news story of only a few days ago. It was greatly debated about how people's behaviour escalate and opinions become greatly exaggerated when texting, emailing and twittering. :ohmy:
2014 Honda VFR1200X Crosstourer DCT Highlander
CRAIGREVO

Post by CRAIGREVO »

Don't leave because of a dodgy karma system mate just ignore it and carry on. I stopped caring about Karma when the Karma boosting started. :blink:

As for the Eastcoast ban.
The last post I saw from East coast was in the riding in France thread that has been locked and had the posts removed.
The post was was just a rant not in the best interest of the thread or forum.

I don't think that would have got him/her banned though so it must have been a reaction to the thread being locked that caused banned. :unsure:
Paul C

Post by Paul C »

GB wrote:Will speak to you later mate, it seems I've missed something, but gutted either way :( :(
likewise. This is why I only read technical, travel and applicable ride-out posts; everything else is just opinion and subtle digs. I don't need that.

Having said that, the majority seem to be rational decent folks, just don't engage with the minority.

Message me any time.

- Paul C
Via Tapatalk on iPhone.
...I just want to ride!

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”