Parking near Waterloo Bridge/Station

Bikers and riding
Richard Simpson Mark II

Parking near Waterloo Bridge/Station

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

It looks like I've got to go to London in December, and I won't be getting the train as it is so expensive and hopeless.
So I'm looking at parking a motorcycle overnight in the Waterloo or Westminster areas. I know there's a special motorcycle parking tax for street parking in Westminster, hence my interest in Waterloo.

Has anyone got any suggestions for anywhere reasonably secure and affordable?
Scott_rider

Re: Parking near Waterloo Bridge/Station

Post by Scott_rider »

...you are venturing 'saaaarf of the river' in Waterloo...are you sure you want to do that? :lol: . Anyway in all seriousness, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving a decent bike on the street overnight. Even if it's alarmed it's been known for a van to pull up alongside, shove a scaffold pole through each wheel and then 4 guys lift the bike into a van or on the back of a low loader in 30 seconds even with the alarm blaring...and no-one will give a monkeys... :evil: .

Try the underground car park on Park Lane. That's where I park when I go in by car as it's safe and secure and it's underground. It's about £30 for the day BUT i think you might be able to park for free on a motorbike....worth checking, maybe? Then 15 mins on the tube to Waterloo Bridge.
Suzuki GSX-S1000F...the KTM 450 EXC-R has gone
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

Thanks for that...it looks like it's FREEEEE!

I don't know if my old KTM 950 is going to be of any interest to a tealeaf...it's not a scooter or a Panigale. It doesn't even have modes (whatever they are?)
soho

Post by soho »

I keep my London bikes in * Q park Harley st * ( the entrance is actually down a ramp in Chandos St opposite the BBC ). Free and better than the busy Cavendish square car park. Nowhere is 100% safe but two levels below ground is a hard push up for the tea leaves, the roller shutter is closed over night too with live cameras linked to security and staff patrols all night.

( ironic I know , car parks are free for bikes , but on street parking all over Westminster- you pay ! )

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”