A free place to stay the night.....

Bikers and riding
Roadcat

Re: A free place to stay the night.....

Post by Roadcat »

herman wrote:Well we are in a prime location for the southern ferry ports and have secure bike parking/working space/tools/kettle/etc.
Herman, I suspect you're about to become a very popular bloke :whistle:
Paul

Post by Paul »

On one hand I think this is a great idea, I must admit that arriving at a campsite at 7.00pm and paying up to a £10 when I know that I will be packed and away for 9.00am at latest does my head in.
On the other hand, I run a campsite, Takoda, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria, CA174NB. 017683 72587 ABR discount applies, it's the best I can do :)
herman

Post by herman »

Roadcat wrote:
herman wrote:Well we are in a prime location for the southern ferry ports and have secure bike parking/working space/tools/kettle/etc.
Was the kettle too much?
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
Roadcat

Post by Roadcat »

herman wrote:
Roadcat wrote:
Was the kettle too much?
I'm hoping that the etc part meant a fridge fill of beer. Just busy packing my bike now!
herman

Post by herman »

Roadcat wrote:
herman wrote:
Roadcat wrote:
Was the kettle too much?
I'm hoping that the etc part meant a fridge fill of beer. Just busy packing my bike now!
There is a beer fridge in the garage as it happens,I find it comforting that if all goes tits up whilst working on a bike I can reach over and crack open a tin. :whistle:
The secret of a long life is knowing when its time to go.
suffolkgsrider

Post by suffolkgsrider »

Norm De Plume wrote:It's funny this is being discussed now, it's something that we discussed over the weekend at the EAB camping. The XRV forum run a scheme that is co-ordinated using Google Maps - http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&m ... 35582630f0

People mark their locations with a marker which says what they offer, e.g. bed/camping/tools/beer etc. Once you know who you want to contact, it looks like you have to PM them on the forum, so your contact details aren't available to all.
Great idea but if you need a pitch or spanners in an emergency while on the road how do you pm when you are not a IT geak? :blink: text may be the answer I guess? SGS
2005 BMW 1150 GSA

Never ride faster than your Guardian Angel.
snaphappy

Post by snaphappy »

I'm on the xrv "Safehouse" list and I've added my details to the HU list (although I dont go there often)
I'm always willing to put up bikers travelling through, and my dogs are very sociable....ask James.

So where can put my details away from scammers eyes
For more info click on the Dambuster Signature banner

numptyspence

Post by numptyspence »

Paul wrote:On one hand I think this is a great idea, I must admit that arriving at a campsite at 7.00pm and paying up to a £10 when I know that I will be packed and away for 9.00am at latest does my head in.
On the other hand, I run a campsite, Takoda, Kirkby Stephen, Cumbria, CA174NB. 017683 72587 ABR discount applies, it's the best I can do :)
:laugh:
tiger800xc

Post by tiger800xc »

herman wrote:Well we are in a prime location for the southern ferry ports and have secure bike parking/working space/tools/kettle/etc. Camping whilst possible would be cosy. I can recover folks with a van if need be too. B)
Herman can I add you as a friend :laugh:
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Ferris Bueller
Treadtrader

Post by Treadtrader »

We've dabbled before at this.

http://www.adventurebikerider.com/forum ... ion-2.html

The problem is how to organise passing info around, I have given it some thought.

Lets have some suggestions guys. Wading through hundreds of posts would be a bit daunting. :whistle:

The map idea sounds good but how to contact when on the road without Internet and only a mobile?
Contact email [email protected] or pm.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”