Netherlands

Bikers and riding
Dark Knight

Netherlands

Post by Dark Knight »

Reading the UK press reports about the trouble at Rotterdam and the Hague, looks horrendous, with the police actually shooting people in the streets.
I notice that it was not the local police that were involved.
This is all a bit of characher.
Does anyone know what is actually going on?
mechanic

Re: Netherlands

Post by mechanic »

I always thought the Dutch were a compliant, peace loving nation.Really surprised to read about it.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

I think their patience has been sorely tried over the last few years, and the return of Covid lockdowns will be the last straw for many.

I had to laugh at the barricade of burning pushbikes...
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

Yeah, bit tough if it’s your bike though, government/public buildings may be seen as fair game? Certainly not private owners bikes and cars.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

most of these protest have at their heart people who have no respect for private or public property.
Some are part of a self-styled anarchist 'organisation', others are just looters.
See the BLM/Antifa 'mostly peaceful' riots in the USA, and the looting and burning that periodically kicks off in London. Once there's nothing left to steal, it all calms down again.
Property is theft, so theft is a quick way to get property!
Brenhden

Post by Brenhden »

I've been in a few protests, you get legitimate and peaceful people whose opinion differs from the government position and then small groups of people who just seem to like smashing windows, hitting cops and stealing stuff. They go to every protest regardless of what it's about just to be dicks.

Holland is a country where tolerance is super important and it allows this weird contradiction of being tolerant to people who are intolerant/violent/selfish.

I guess they were armed police faced with chaos and needed to make a judgement call on what to do with the tools at hand. Sounds like a bad call was made. What we won't see over here is the next ten years where a full inquiry will rumble on with recommendations, interviews, articles, outcry etc...
And now, Harry, let us step out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure.

Suzuki DR200 Djebel.
🇬🇧🇫🇷🇧🇪🇱🇺🇪🇸🇬🇷🇩🇪
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Dark Knight wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 4:49 pm Reading the UK press reports about the trouble at Rotterdam and the Hague, looks horrendous, with the police actually shooting people in the streets.
I notice that it was not the local police that were involved.
This is all a bit of characher.
Does anyone know what is actually going on?

Bad weed... ;)
SteveWat

Post by SteveWat »

Look’s like our Goverment has got it right again.
With it’s approach to Covid measures. Liberal, sensible and non-oppressive.
Let the diehard jab-dodgers get immunity through infection and recovery or by death/self-isolation.
Whilst the rest of us get jabbed-up and get on with life, making the world a safer place and freeing up hospital bed space.
I respect your choice.
Dark Knight

Post by Dark Knight »

I am getting really worried that this sort of chaos could happen over here.
The lockdowns and COVID have affected us all to a greater or lesser extent.
The police over here are generally respected with a few exceptions.
If that was repeated over here, it would take us to the end game with a them and us situation, maybe its all inevitable.
The situation with the police has been going down over the years.
When the guy who built my house was around, the police were armed with wooden trunchons.
He was a tax collector and when he went out on business he carried a pistol in his coat pocket and had a rifle in the back of the pony and trap.
Even his wife had a small derringer type pistol that fitted into her handbag.
People do not seem to bother you if they think that you are armed.
You notice that sort of thing in America where even the most rough looking idivuals are always very polite because you may be armed.
Tonibe63

Post by Tonibe63 »

Turn off the media channels and nothing is going on that I see or encounter on my daily travels.
Open your eyes and you see what is in front of you, open your mind and you see a bigger picture but open your heart and you see a whole new World.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”