Bike Rider Covid risk

Bikers and riding
daveuprite

Re: Bike Rider Covid risk

Post by daveuprite »

zimtim wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:53 am
I recently attended a small dog show,
It really isn't fair that they wouldn't allow large dogs.
zimtim

Post by zimtim »

daveuprite wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:00 am
zimtim wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:53 am
I recently attended a small dog show,
It really isn't fair that they wouldn't allow large dogs.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Seminole

Post by Seminole »

P4ulie wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 pm It's been 15 months & change with no end in sight, it's not the virus that is so much the problem, rather the NHS unable to deal with large volumes of people ill at the same time. Imagine the scenario if the 100 billion pissed up the wall on track & trace had been spent say on... improving the NHS :?

If the vaccines don't work, why is everyone having them?

Be well everyone
This is exactly the sort of post that the gets the old chinese whisperers excited

1. 100 Billion?, bloke down the pub tell you that?, Fakebook perhaps? https://fullfact.org/online/37bn-test-trace-spending
2. If the vaccines don't work, why is everyone having them?, who said they don't work?
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

Jenniejester wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 am The vaccines are working so far. Problem is if we allow continued exponential growth there is an increasing risk of a new variant which COULD be resistant to the vaccine. This is a very real risk and the thing scientists are most concerned about
No proof the vaccination works
johnnyboxer

Bike Rider Covid risk

Post by johnnyboxer »

bond_yzf wrote:
Jenniejester wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:13 am The vaccines are working so far. Problem is if we allow continued exponential growth there is an increasing risk of a new variant which COULD be resistant to the vaccine. This is a very real risk and the thing scientists are most concerned about
Have you had yours ?

I am afraid there is proof
It reduces serious infection, hospitalisation & death
There is evidence it is reducing transmission too
Last edited by johnnyboxer on Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
johnnyboxer

Post by johnnyboxer »

Jenniejester wrote:The vaccines are working so far. Problem is if we allow continued exponential growth there is an increasing risk of a new variant which COULD be resistant to the vaccine. This is a very real risk and the thing scientists are most concerned about
Spot on

Well said
We buy things we don't need

With money we don't have

To impress people we don't even like
Alun

Post by Alun »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 6:42 am
Jenniejester wrote:I have asked for copies of the risk assessments and been refused
Mmmm?

Let me nip this in the bud.

We have spent in the region of 10K on covid health and safety risk assessments for the ABR Festival.

Members of ABR staff, our Covid health and safety consultant and I have been in two CAM (Covid) and SAG (general health and safety) meetings with all of the local authorities professionals present. This includes, health, environmental, police etc, etc.

Our health and safety documents – which extend to over 250 pages – have been read and scrutinised by all the professionals involved in these meetings and been given the seal of approval.

Every supplier and exhibitor at the festival must have their own covid health and safety risk assessment by law. That includes security, traffic management, toilet suppliers, caterers, exhibitors, manufacturers etc. etc.

Risk assessments are not for public consumption however if anyone wishes to read our Covid Health and safety risk assessment I’ll have a copy at the main ABR festival office.

I’ve just banned Jennie from this forum, not because of the disingenuous nature of her post but because of the constant abuse she has subjected my staff to over the past two weeks. I am done with tolerating that.
Steve T

Post by Steve T »

Alun wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:33 am I’ve just banned Jennie from this forum . . . . . . . because of the constant abuse she has subjected my staff to over the past two weeks. I am done with tolerating that.
Don't feck with the valleys boyo's eh Alun ;)

Respect & thanks to you and all that have kept at it to make this event happen.

Steve T

8-)

PS - could you ban jonnyboxer as well please cos he's getting on me tits :D
ZEN DOG

He knows not where he's going, for the ocean will decide
It's not the destination . . . . . . . it's the glory of the ride
P4ulie

Post by P4ulie »

Seminole wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:06 am
P4ulie wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 9:08 pm It's been 15 months & change with no end in sight, it's not the virus that is so much the problem, rather the NHS unable to deal with large volumes of people ill at the same time. Imagine the scenario if the 100 billion pissed up the wall on track & trace had been spent say on... improving the NHS :?

If the vaccines don't work, why is everyone having them?

Be well everyone
This is exactly the sort of post that the gets the old chinese whisperers excited

1. 100 Billion?, bloke down the pub tell you that?, Fakebook perhaps? https://fullfact.org/online/37bn-test-trace-spending
2. If the vaccines don't work, why is everyone having them?, who said they don't work?
I certainly over inflated that, still a lot of money wasted so far from PPE procurement of non existent items to ones that aren't even compatible, as well as 35 billion on something that had a minuscule affect on transmission rates. I was asking a question about the vaccine, if it doesn't prevent infection or transmission & only helps to reduce the risk of death (stated by others) it's hardly the magic pill all those considered high risk have been waiting for! Still under clinical trial and only issued under temporarily authorisation at the moment, let us hope they got it right first time.

Anyway enjoy the festival those that are going, it's a decent site with plenty of space.
With enough profanity, you can accomplish anything
bond_yzf

Post by bond_yzf »

johnnyboxer wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 8:24 am
bond_yzf wrote:
Have you had yours ?

I am afraid there is proof
It reduces serious infection, hospitalisation & death
There is evidence it is reducing transmission too
What hard scientific proof exist they work or is it a case you believe what you read and hear

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”