Rider or Multibike Policies?

Bikers and riding
SteveR

Rider or Multibike Policies?

Post by SteveR »

It's that time of year... again, and I am seriously wondering why I have so many bloody bikes but know full well that each one is for a different job and in all honesty, the combined stable is not actually worth that much in reality! Insurance for 4 bikes comes out at £411, FC. with Breakdown cover UK and Europe. And Legal expenses, FWIW!!

I have been using Bikesure for a few years, they use Markerstudy as underwriters. I have made no claims so all good on that front... I am a (very) mature rider now, so would like to see a few more benefits from my old age! :)

So, who have folks found to be offering good deals for multibike cover this year? Brokers or deal direct?
Last edited by SteveR on Wed Apr 15, 2020 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IanB

Re: Rider or Multibike Policies?

Post by IanB »

Bemoto
Time knows no limits for days such as these.............
mechanic

Post by mechanic »

I’ve chopped and changed for 9 years at least. Just reinsured with Bike sure for 3 rd year running. The best I’ve found. I’ve had no claims and they don’t try to increase the premium every year as all the other tried it on, leading to annual changes. Nice when something is reduced annually. Good to deal with. They get my vote!
DavidS

Post by DavidS »

I got fed up with Bikesure’s ridiculous locked away at all times requirement.
If one bike is classed as a classic, try RH. Prices are great, people know what they are talking about and they don’t charge for changes, additions etc.
2023 Husqvarna Norden 901
2014 KTM 690 ENDURO R
Peirre

Post by Peirre »

My insurance is due for renewal but only for 1 bike, current renewal price is £171, up from £146. That is for FC, 9yrs+ PNC, legal, Euro and all the bells etc.
My small dilemma is that I’m living in a property I moved to recently and the bike is garaged at another property I have less than a mile away. I don’t have a garage here so the bike is staying put. The insurance policy and V5 is registered at the address where the bike is kept, but my driving license and car are registered at this new address. My brother lives at the address where the bike is.
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

"My insurance is due for renewal but only for 1 bike, current renewal price is £171, up from £146. That is for FC, 9yrs+ PNC, legal, Euro and all the bells etc.
My small dilemma is that I’m living in a property I moved to recently and the bike is garaged at another property I have less than a mile away. I don’t have a garage here so the bike is staying put. The insurance policy and V5 is registered at the address where the bike is kept, but my driving license and car are registered at this new address. My brother lives at the address where the bike is."

Change the reg address of the bike to your home address, but tell the insurers where the bike is usually kept.
Oop North John

Post by Oop North John »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:03 am Change the reg address of the bike to your home address, but tell the insurers where the bike is usually kept.
I did this, no problem as long as you know the two post codes.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

DavidS wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 10:19 pm I got fed up with Bikesure’s ridiculous locked away at all times requirement.
If one bike is classed as a classic, try RH. Prices are great, people know what they are talking about and they don’t charge for changes, additions etc.
Regrettably, the only "Classic" here, is the Rider himself.... :lol:
bill_qaz

Post by bill_qaz »

Steve try Devitt they do upto four bikes
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

bill_qaz wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:17 pm Steve try Devitt they do upto four bikes
Ta, I'll try 'em later.

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”