Long way up, Electric bikes!

Bikers and riding
SHarper

Long way up, Electric bikes!

Post by SHarper »

https://www.lonerider-motorcycle.com/bl ... otorcycles

Link (hopefully) to story of “long way up” is going to be on electric Harleys!
WillS

Re: Long way up, Electric bikes!

Post by WillS »

This one will be different!! A bit like the Marmite question :D Love it or hate it!! :lol:
Nico Rosberg rode one last week in the US. Hard to get used to all this electric stuff.
Looks like a massive support team again. Will it be on some "Pay TV Channel??"
Think I will be watching Itchy Boots on YouTube riding a Himalayan from Patagonia to Alaska on her own...
A bit more challenging.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Am I totally thick, how do you charge it up when sleeping in the desert or in a busy town where you can’t park at the accommodation?
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
WillS

Post by WillS »

Godspeed wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:56 pm Am I totally thick, how do you charge it up when sleeping in the desert or in a busy town where you can’t park at the accommodation?
According to the link above. With two Mercedes Sprinter Vans with Battery Charging facilities on board.
Assume big Lithium Power Packs to rapid charge.
$$$$$$$
OnHellas

Post by OnHellas »

A support crew is probably required if you’re trying to make a series with high production levels like the first two efforts.

While it’s not everyone’s cup of tea I say fair play to them and I’m looking forward to seeing the programme.
The Long Way Round was instrumental in many people getting an interest in bikes and travelling further afield with them.

The electric vehicle thing certainly puts another slant in it.

As an aside, when dining a long distance, many month motorcycle trip it isn’t compulsory to camp in ditches and swamps.
Each chooses what suits them.

Let’s not try to be flat out negative until we’ve watched a bit of it, you never know, with an open mind you might even enjoy it.
Godspeed

Post by Godspeed »

Genuinely wasn’t trying to be negative. I for one was one of those that watched their first trip and it sparked my interest.
I just wondered, as any time I’ve done long trips, there have been places, sometimes in busy towns, where I couldn’t get my bike near the accommodation so couldn’t understand how they will recharge at night.

The electric bike stuff isn’t my bag but it will be different at least

👍
The Meandering Moustache

Going Big and Riding Small

Honda PCX125 (sports tourer)
Honda Innova ANF125 (Adventure bike)
WillS

Post by WillS »

Long way down, certainly got me back into bikes, especially Adventure Bikes and Touring.
So if it's on a Free TV Chanel or YouTube will definatley be watching it.
Good luck to them,.
Not sure how many years it will be before we are riding the trails around Sort Catalonia on Electric Bikes.
Anyway on the 22nd Sept will definatley be Petrol. Braaaaaap !!!
anthony29040

Post by anthony29040 »

this one should be interesting
tempesc

Post by tempesc »

I like the electric angle and can understand the support crew for tv purposes. I am also really interested in the support electric pick up trucks (even if Russ gets right up my nose). 400 mile range and 0-60 in 3 secs!

I’m struggling more with the final support vehicle being a v8 6.2 litre pick up. On the face of it kind of undermines the eco-principle?

If they make good tv and keep it honest, i’ll be a big fan. If they ham up the danger, and ram eco down our throats based upon a half honest narrative of their own footprint, i’ll struggle more (but no doubt still watch).

I’m especially looking forward to seeing them get 2 Harleys, 3 pick ups and 2 merc sprinters on a yacht deck to bridge the Darian gap ;-)
daveuprite

Post by daveuprite »

WillS wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:39 pm Long way down, certainly got me back into bikes, especially Adventure Bikes and Touring.
So if it's on a Free TV Chanel or YouTube will definatley be watching it.
Good luck to them,.
Not sure how many years it will be before we are riding the trails around Sort Catalonia on Electric Bikes.
Anyway on the 22nd Sept will definatley be Petrol. Braaaaaap !!!
Wills , you could do it right now. Most of our days out in Catalonia involve about 80kms. There's a handful of off-road bikes capable of it on one charge. I am just waiting for a little more and I'll happily swap to electric. Anyway it's not about being a 'petrolhead' or whatever, it's about being a 'powerhead'. Electric has all the advantages except outright range right know, so it's just a a matter of time...

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”