How to get yourself out of trouble on the trail: Safari Tech Training day at KTM Sweet Lamb

Bikers and riding
Paul-F

How to get yourself out of trouble on the trail: Safari Tech Training day at KTM Sweet Lamb

Post by Paul-F »

In case anyone is interested, Mark (Moly) Molineux at KTM Sweet Lamb in Wales is planning a one day "safari tech tips" training on the 31st August.

He just emailed out a quick run down of the day:

Tech tips repairs, Safari style !!

We are going to do 1 day Safari style tips and repairs. We will show you how to get out of difficult situations
  • repair punctures
  • swap tubes
  • repair chains
  • how to tow a bike et cetera et cetera

We will show you what to carry and how to help yourself in these situations. There will be brief workshop tuition but then everything will be done out on the trail.

The spaces will be limited. It will be a long day.

Cost for each day for each person will be £95

You will need to phone the booking in on 07794937011

The date will be Saturday, the 31st of August

I did an off road training weekend there a couple of weeks ago, it was a trek to get there but the training was exceptional, these guys really care about what they do. Beautiful place too.

http://www.adventurerallybike.co.uk/

P.S. I'm not affiliated at all, I've just booked on the day and hoping to drum up enough interest to make sure it runs!
Monster

Re: How to get yourself out of trouble on the trail: Safari Tech Training day at KTM Sweet Lamb

Post by Monster »

Anyone interested in this event please let the organisers know

Looks unlikely so far due to low commitment

I am interested and would sign-up … so would like to see it happen

TTFN
If a Hammer don't fix it - you have an electrical problem
Mad Hatter

Re: How to get yourself out of trouble on the trail: Safari Tech Training day at KTM Sweet Lamb

Post by Mad Hatter »

I know it seems like a lot of money guys but they are seriously a massive wealth of knowledge up there and it will be well worth it for the day, even if you think you know everything you'll still come away with something new.
nickoff

Post by nickoff »

Is this for mainly " trail type" bikes? I ride a 650 Vee- Strom road bike and I would be useless off roading.

Thanks, Nick.
Paul-F

Post by Paul-F »

nickoff wrote: Fri Aug 09, 2019 7:52 pm Is this for mainly " trail type" bikes? I ride a 650 Vee- Strom road bike and I would be useless off roading.

Thanks, Nick.
Geared towards adventure bikes I think yes, but surely the VStrom could qualify! I would give Mark a bell and ask, they're very approachable and helpful there. I think you'd need off road tyres though.
Redmurty

Post by Redmurty »

Molly and his crew are seriously knowledgeable, I'm off there for my second visit next weekend. I find it difficult to believe that you wouldn't profit from a visit there. No I don't work for them and unfortunately I pay for my visits.

cheers Spud ;)
Life... it's not a dress rehearsal

You don't waste time... you waste yourself

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”