MCC Lands End Trial 19/4/2019

Bikers and riding
SteveR

Re: MCC Lands End Trial 19/4/2019

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:29 pm My great claim to fame....I was a works rider!

Well, I wasn't really. But I did passenger the factory TriKing (Morgan-inspired 3-wheeler with a modified Guzzi engine) in the LE Trial once, with TriKing boss Tony Divey at the wheel.

I wrote it up for Classic Bike...as was usual at the time, all the best bits got 'blue penciled' by the editor.

RIP Tony...what a man.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/ne ... Divey.html
Now that is a real coincidence on the Triking... I have in my possession, the 2 sided spec. with pricing and blurb for the beast. My old chap had a Morgan as a young man and really fancied a revisit to his youth with a Triking... :D No pics, but I do remember them.
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

tuftywhite wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:46 pm

Edit: By the way Steve, the 2 wheel drive sidecar outfits aren't permitted on the MCC trials. It's considered cheating to actually use a vehicle that has a chance of actually cleaning a section. :roll: Same goes for 4WD cars.
I know, I know. Bit like using a 2WD motorcycle... :lol:

I do love that those horrible Suzuki X90 finally found a real use though! First of the fake 4wd SUV's!
Richard Simpson Mark II

Post by Richard Simpson Mark II »

SteveR wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 5:52 pm
Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 6:29 pm My great claim to fame....I was a works rider!

Well, I wasn't really. But I did passenger the factory TriKing (Morgan-inspired 3-wheeler with a modified Guzzi engine) in the LE Trial once, with TriKing boss Tony Divey at the wheel.

I wrote it up for Classic Bike...as was usual at the time, all the best bits got 'blue penciled' by the editor.

RIP Tony...what a man.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/ne ... Divey.html
Now that is a real coincidence on the Triking... I have in my possession, the 2 sided spec. with pricing and blurb for the beast. My old chap had a Morgan as a young man and really fancied a revisit to his youth with a Triking... :D No pics, but I do remember them.

I spent some time at Tony's prior to the trial and drove a couple of them on the road...great fun.

He certainly didn't hang about as a driver. On a dirt track though, it was difficult to keep the thing straight as the back wheel would always try to fall off the crown of the road. At one point, we had to stop before a section and queue up. We couldn't get going again until I'd got out, lifted it up by the exhausts and pushed it along like a wheelbarrow. Not sure where the strength for that came from...
SteveR

Post by SteveR »

Richard Simpson Mark II wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:08 pm
I spent some time at Tony's prior to the trial and drove a couple of them on the road...great fun.

He certainly didn't hang about as a driver. On a dirt track though, it was difficult to keep the thing straight as the back wheel would always try to fall off the crown of the road. At one point, we had to stop before a section and queue up. We couldn't get going again until I'd got out, lifted it up by the exhausts and pushed it along like a wheelbarrow. Not sure where the strength for that came from...
Youth... Pure and simple! :D

I used to be able to pick up my Transalp if it lay down for a rest, I'd struggle with a Trials bike now :?

Return to “ADVENTURE BIKE RIDER”